Week 14 vs. Baltimore: Yippee Ki Yay Edition

MWil23

IMO you need to absolutely, if nothing else, double Mark Andrews down the middle with a LB underneath and a safety over the top, and make Lamar beat you outside the numbers with throws. I don't think he can, and his wide receivers won't win those matchups regularly. You do this by getting to third and medium/long situations on a regular basis.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

My game plan would be, make Taki hit Lamar on all option run plays. If it’s a give or pull read, hit him. Force the ravens to stop running Lamar 

If Denzel were healthy, I damn near would say go no safety just because they have Hollywood Brown who should be a household name by now and can't even get him the ball deep AT ALL. They are totally wasting kid's talent, also this would be the perfect situation to have Delpit, him and Harrison would be huge if we had them

Edited by MSURacerDT55

We aren't good defensively so I think we need to make them uncomfortable early. Go with extra pressure, If they hit a deep shot on us or Jackson gets a long run so be it, we probably would have given up points anyway. If we can pressure Lamar and make him uncomfortable he will look to run and make mistakes. Tackle the RB on the way to the QB.

The most important thing is we need to get our running game going early and continue all game long. Yeah we'll have to pass to keep them honest and there could be some good opportunities for play action and big plays. We aren't going to get the calls so our receivers will be held all game long and we pretty much have to accept that. Don't let Humphrey punch a ball loose.

I think we'll probably have to score 30 to win so we need to score a TD on our opening drive of each half so Stefanski needs to bring his A game.

Hopefully we win the turnover battle and their passing game stops themselves and we roll, just hard to count on that.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not even sure if he is still breathing. It’s been a very weird situation.

Not much you can do with nerve damage, if it never heals he may be done. Or maybe he will be good to go soon, it's hard telling. Can't do a nerve replacement surgery.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I want a percentage on Greedy Williams on playing another down in Cleveland. 

100% Dont give up on Greedy.....he was a rookie last year......he hasnt played yet this year.....

Dont give up on Grant Delpit either....

I see Greedy is my new Cause to Champion in here. I remember when there were like 3 or 4 of us in here talking about keeping Hollywood Higgins....the MAJORITY of this room wanted him Cut years ago.....

tenor.gif?itemid=15254127

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

100% Dont give up on Greedy.....he was a rookie last year......he hasnt played yet this year.....

Dont give up on Grant Delpit either....

I see Greedy is my new Cause to Champion in here. I remember when there were like 3 or 4 of us in here talking about keeping Hollywood Higgins....the MAJORITY of this room wanted him Cut years ago.....

No reason to give up on Greedy, if he has to retire he retires, otherwise I don't know why we wouldn't keep going with him. I never wanted Higgins cut, I doubt many did. I did want him used or we may as well have cut him and let him play somewhere else but that would have been for his sake not the team's sake.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not much you can do with nerve damage, if it never heals he may be done. Or maybe he will be good to go soon, it's hard telling. Can't do a nerve replacement surgery.

Exactly. I won’t hold this injury against him. It’s not like someone is more prone to getting nerve injuries or something like that. It’s a pretty severe injury if nerves are involved. Now if it was constant ankle issues or pulled hamstrings, then I would be calling him injury prone or made of glass

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO you need to absolutely, if nothing else, double Mark Andrews down the middle with a LB underneath and a safety over the top, and make Lamar beat you outside the numbers with throws. I don't think he can, and his wide receivers won't win those matchups regularly. You do this by getting to third and medium/long situations on a regular basis.

And then you want to smash your face into a wall when he scrambles and picks up the 1st 

• Like 1