Week 14 - Rams vs Patriots - TNF

RamRod

Once again McVay is being a scared little baby in the 4th quarter. This needs to stop. Stomp on their throat and end this game. Stop just running it into a brick wall and punting it away. At the very least get creative with the plays. That’s 2 straight series without even 10 yards and no first downs. 

An actual offense is going to make us look so bad doing this. 

And for the love of god find us a punt returner. We are losing 10-15 yards every time with there’s awful fake catchss

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Once again McVay is being a scared little baby in the 4th quarter. This needs to stop. Stomp on their throat and end this game. Stop just running it into a brick wall and punting it away. At the very least get creative with the plays. That’s 2 straight series without even 10 yards and no first downs. 

An actual offense is going to make us look so bad doing this. 

And for the love of god find us a punt returner. We are losing 10-15 yards every time with there’s awful fake catchss

Chill, bro. We were up 21 against a team that can't throw the ball. No reason to risk anything. We didn't take our foot off the pedal against Arizona when we needed to keep scoring. There's a time and place for everything.

• Like 2

Jared was off tonight but the running game looked great. Loved McVay leaning on Akers who was the hot hand. That 10 minute TD drive to go up 21 was great team blocking. 

I'm starting to wonder if Reeder has earned the starting spot when Kiser gets healthy. I think he's playing well. 

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This was reassuring. I don't care what the haters say about Goff. He did exactly what we all begged him to do. He managed the game while we ran the ball down NE's throats.

He looked a bit rattled. The throw he missed on the checkdown to Brown was an example. But you can't take a strip sack there and he'd held onto the ball a bit trying to find something deep. 

Obviously the pick was an awful throw but never should have been picked. I did like late in the game though that he didn't hesitate to fire the ball on the PA plays. Maybe I saw it badly but idk what Aikman was saying. Woods clearly should have caught that ball. 

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He looked a bit rattled. The throw he missed on the checkdown to Brown was an example. But you can't take a strip sack there and he'd held onto the ball a bit trying to find something deep. 

Obviously the pick was an awful throw but never should have been picked. I did like late in the game though that he didn't hesitate to fire the ball on the PA plays. Maybe I saw it badly but idk what Aikman was saying. Woods clearly should have caught that ball. 

The checkdown wasn't a good throw, but Brown dropped it. Woods definitely dropped that longer throw. It was a fine pass. I don't think I'd say he was rattled. Rattled Goff makes poor decisions. He looked fully in command of what he was doing. He just wasn't his sharpest.

Told you guys not to worry about this one.

overall good team win.
Goff had a mediocre game numbers wise but he did what was needed to win. I’d like him to be more accurate. His base is too wide on some throws which lead to inaccurate throws. I’d like to see more consistent accuracy from him 

Cam Akers reminds me of L’eveon Bell.  Hopefully he can catch like him too

defense is great 

Edited by rocky_rams

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The checkdown wasn't a good throw, but Brown dropped it. Woods definitely dropped that longer throw. It was a fine pass. I don't think I'd say he was rattled. Rattled Goff makes poor decisions. He looked fully in command of what he was doing. He just wasn't his sharpest.

When he gets pressured too often, his base tends to widen up which leads to inaccurate throws 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1