Week 6 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-3) vs Indianapolis Colts (2-3)

titansNvolsR#1

Who Gone Win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gone Win?

• Titans by 2 TDs
    • Colts by 2 TDs
    • Titans by 1 score
    • Colts by 1 score

Hopefully a game like this will make Robiskie/Mularkey open things up more for Mariota.  Hopefully after the bye(with a healthy Mariota and Davis) we will began to run more of the no huddle, spread offense.

They don't have to take the handcuffs of him but it's time to loosen them up a bit.

One last thing before I go to bed. It bugged the hell out of me how much Gruden kept emphasizing that Mariota must be a pocket passer, like he only relies on his legs to be great.

Anyone who's watched him since he's been in the league should know he's a good QB in the pocket, with amazing mobility but doesn't rely on that. He's more Rodgers, A. Smith than Newton, Kaepernick.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

One last thing before I go to bed. It bugged the hell out of me how much Gruden kept emphasizing that Mariota must be a pocket passer, like he only relies on his legs to be great.

Anyone who's watched him since he's been in the league should know he's a good QB in the pocket, with amazing mobility but doesn't rely on that. He's more Rodgers, A. Smith than Newton, Kaepernick.

Yup. Just only further reinforced the fact that the national guys simply don't watch Titans games.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

3a79415e1a31c4ecd3c4aeaa44fb337b.jpg

one more time for the folks who missed it 

GTF OFF OUR BACKS MONKEY 

There's something I want to tell you guys. A few weeks ago I was rewatching parts of the Titans' 2008 MNF victory over Peyton Manning and the Colts, and the color commentator (don't know his name) said something that gave me pause. 

"When you have a game between a 3-3 team and a 6-0 team you would think the pressure would be on Indianapolis. I disagree with that. I think that Tennessee almost needs to win this game more than Indianapolis does, because they have to show Indianapolis: 'hey, we're the better team. We have this game at home; we have you by three games in the standings.' And if they DON'T win, the curse of the small market is, you lose a lot of credibility. They're sort of like the Tampa Bay Rays, where they have to prove themselves all the time - all the time. And when they don't win, people say 'oh, they're not that good.'"

This year, the Titans were the better team, they had the game at home, and they were ahead of Indy in the standings. But they still had to prove they were good enough to beat the Colts, and they did. Congratulations. Between the smaller media market, the questionable officiating, and the legacy of the Oilers, it seems like your team will always have an uphill battle ahead. So it gives me a good feeling to see you succeed. (Unless it's against my team, of course.)

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Aggravating. 

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

There's something I want to tell you guys. A few weeks ago I was rewatching parts of the Titans' 2008 MNF victory over Peyton Manning and the Colts, and the color commentator (don't know his name) said something that gave me pause. 

"When you have a game between a 3-3 team and a 6-0 team you would think the pressure would be on Indianapolis. I disagree with that. I think that Tennessee almost needs to win this game more than Indianapolis does, because they have to show Indianapolis: 'hey, we're the better team. We have this game at home; we have you by three games in the standings.' And if they DON'T win, the curse of the small market is, you lose a lot of credibility. They're sort of like the Tampa Bay Rays, where they have to prove themselves all the time - all the time. And when they don't win, people say 'oh, they're not that good.'"

This year, the Titans were the better team, they had the game at home, and they were ahead of Indy in the standings. But they still had to prove they were good enough to beat the Colts, and they did. Congratulations. Between the smaller media market, the questionable officiating, and the legacy of the Oilers, it seems like your team will always have an uphill battle ahead. So it gives me a good feeling to see you succeed. (Unless it's against my team, of course.)

Probably Tony Kornheiser he would be the only guy to throw a baseball reference 

So happy to finally beat the Colts. It was a fun 4th quarter to watch. Now just don't go lay an egg against the Browns. Mariota played well and i am so happy we didn't have to watch Cassel. Adoree Jackson and Logan Ryan both played very good. Our defense seems like it's so much better when we blitz.

Adoree and Jayon had a very good game in coverage, imo. Ryan looked good too. Run D was getting gashed early, but seemed to shore some of that up.
Marcus was great bouncing back from that INT and didn't he complete 100% in the 4th? That deep ball was a thing of beauty. It was nice to have Decker showing up and balling out. We have needed that. Once Corey gets into the game more, our O should be primed for a strong end of the year.
I know people say we rely too much on the run game, but I love it. Pound it down their throats. In all of our wins it has shown to wear them down and pay dividends in the second half.  But we need to make sure to get Mariota in a rhythm early and can do it with passes such as that screen we hit last night.

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

LeBeau is just bad.

11 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

This team and these coaches just crap themselves against Indy and Houston 

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

because we have a walking corpse for a defensive coordinator

11 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

LeBeau needs to gtfo 

11 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I hate this POS team

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Just so pitiful

11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

So freaking easy. We suck.

defense is trash. team is trash. same. old. titans.

11 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

our defense is sooooo trash 

LMFAO we are TRASH

Lol... I dont know how any sane person can seriously post on these game day threads... Reading through it sounds like its a repeat of the Texans game... But the defense ended up giving up 16 points once its said and done... 16... Some posters need to get a grip and understand a game isn't 1 play, 1 drive, or 1 quarter. Its 60 minutes. The Titans looked dominant in the 2nd half (outside that one return against and Mariota's pick6).

against any solid-to-good team we would've been in a 2 or 3 touchdown hole by the end of the first half. the defense is still a massive liability and one half of good play against a backup quarterback leading a pretty bad colts team does nothing to change that.

Archived