Week 15 GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

If we’re picking at 6 and want to go up to get Lawrence what do you all think it would take? Using the table wouldn’t necessarily matter with a prospect of Lawrence’s caliber in the draft. Maybe a little easier if Cin is sitting at 1, but not by much because the offers would be insane. Top 3 picks this year and next, maybe more? Just curious what you guys think. 

I be willing to offer rg3 type compo for lawrence which was 3 1st and and 2nd. Whether jags or jets be willing to accept that is another story. 

If u are going to over pay to trade up its for a once in decade qb prospect. 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's actually really intriguing. I don't think the jets would take someone other than a QB, but it opens a world of different possibilities. Would they go sewell and run with darnold one more time? Would they trade down with someone looking to jump Cincy for sewell? Could they get Miami's two firsts for #2? They could drop to 6, still get fields / Wilson, have two more firsts plus an early second. That's a huge talent infusion

Now that I think about it, probably not the dolphins. They have to spend some capital on weapons due Tua. Their skill positions are brutal

10 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

I be willing to offer rg3 type compo for lawrence which was 3 1st and and 2nd. Whether jags or jets be willing to accept that is another story. 

If u are going to over pay to trade up its for a once in decade qb prospect. 

Well, yeah, no **** 

That type of package wouldn't get accepted though. Lawrence will be drafted by whoever gets the number one overall pick, unless Lawrence publicly states he won't play for them, which seems unlikely 

also if you are a team looking to make a trade for a bunch of first-round picks you're not going to do it with us. If we get TL we are drafting late. You would rather take less from a worse franchise 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Now that I think about it, probably not the dolphins. They have to spend some capital on weapons due Tua. Their skill positions are brutal

Yeah, I didn't understand what you meant there. Miami seems pretty happy with Tua. They might take a legit WR or something, or maybe a unicorn defensive player for Flores to play around with 

Flores is the man. I am so happy to see some new blood making playoff pushes this year 

Just now, N4L said:

Yeah, I didn't understand what you meant there. Miami seems pretty happy with Tua. They might take a legit WR or something, or maybe a unicorn defensive player for Flores to play around with 

Flores is the man. I am so happy to see some new blood making playoff pushes this year 

Well they could really use sewell too. Just about everyone could. 

24 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Only got to catch a little bit of the game but Witherspoon looked decent?

Was clearly our best defender or at least top 2 with Armstead. 

His best>>Sherm's best and pretty much anyone's best on the team. The problem though? Mentally falls apart any time he allows a big play or makes a mistake. Was hoping he would get more time this year to see how his mental game was but Verrett got healthy and that was the end of that. I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle signs Spoon next season. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

And this is why people think PFF is a joke

This really isn't crazy or anything. Looks about right...As for being the second highest tackle? Well, I didn't watch all the games and looks like they weighted the run game part quite a bit. But McGlinchey was really good in the run game off the eye test. Had a lot of success going his direction, especially early in the game. His pass blocking is not good and wasn't good against Dallas, and that grade reflects that. I guess what I don't get is why not just add up the run blocking and pass blocking and then divide it by two or weighed it by the snaps for pass blocking and run blocking. Then his grade would be in the 70s, which seems more accurate. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Doesn't quite pass the eye test.

Since I work in IT, my go-to analogy for this is like computer diagnostic software.  If the diagnostic test says something failed, it's probably right.  If it comes back good, it means absolutely nothing.  PFF generally works like this, too.  If they're rated very low, it's generally dead-on.  If they rank high, you might still need to dive into more context to get a clearer picture.  

• Like 3