2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I am loving this off season thus far. I would have liked to have kept Agholor but not 13 mill. Still need a RT. But Adding Yannik, Solomon, and Jefferson to the dline is gorgeous. The financial discipline that Mayock and Gruden are demonstrating is outstanding. Adding a John Brown to the weaponry is reminiscent of the Agholor signing last year. Plus an extra 3rd and two 5th's. All of that, and we are in significantly better cap position going forward. Oh, and I don't think we are done. 

Daddy like.

• Like 1

Just now, JarrodR86 said:

That works too.. Guess it just depends how we finish up free agency, and a solid RT can still be around in 2nd and 3rd rounds, albeit some reasoning why.. But I’m all for CB round 1, FS round 2 and OT round 3 depending on the quality of free agent we sign at those positions.  

wish we would have just double dipped on wideouts last year. Man Jefferson or Shenault would have been sweet. IDK I'm a big fan of Shenault, going get him on all my fantasy teams this year. 

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

idk, some of the contract salaries weren't announced. they might have, I haven't looked into it 

I'm hoping we have enough to make a few more nice signings.  I feel like we had some good moves today, nothing sexy but solid depth pieces.  I like the Thomas signing based on upside potential and minimal risk at 5 million.  I was also the first one to predict him as a signing months ago :)

John Brown was effective when healthy, solid depth piece.  I agree we could use a WR like Juju if the price is right.

Jefferson is a lunch pail type player, not flashy but is solid depth who can contribute.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Irving was on the open market today how much would he command as a free agent?  You clearly think he is on the same level as Rankins based on all of the "film you've watched" so if he was a free agent what do you think he would command?

Also based on all of this time you've spent evaluating film on David Irving lol where do you project him to fit in on this team and give me a stat projection for him on this year.  

How much did Darren Waller or Nelson Agholor command on the open market when we picked them up? How much did other players at their positions that they either outproduced or produced at the same level get paid? Who cares what other people would give them for the goal is to get a player for as cheap as possible who you think can do really well in your team and then they outproduce their contract.

Oh he’ll be competing for a the job at the 3T for sure. He’ll be competing with whoever we end up drafting and niners draft bust Solomon Thomas Who I mentioned earlier looks like from film that was used wrong on the Niners because he played 3T in college but they used him as more of like a defensive end hybrid role because they already had deforest Buckner(Who is obviously one of the best 3T in the NFL. 

When it comes to stats I can only speculate but I’d say anywhere between 4-8 sacks if he starts(baring any injury of course for some unforeseen off the field issue)

But I'm going to reiterate that Solomon Thomas also has all the talent to win the 3T job Now that he's actually playing 3T. So it will be a very interesting training camp

And then of course who knows what the rookie is gonna do

Edited by Jeremy408

sportstrac says we have 16m of cap space, but doesn't include:

Richie: 3m think that's his salary

John Brown: 3m

Jefferson: 3m think that's his salary

Jones: 1m

Thomas: 5m = 15m

might need to dump MM, Nassib for cap relief. might only have room for a few cheap fa options

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

FA Corners:

Brian Poole (slot)
Xavier Rhodes
Troy Hill (slot)
K'Waun Williams (slot)
Malcolm Butler
Adoree Jackson
Terrance Marshall
Quinton Dunbar
Gareon Conley
Kevin Johnson (slot)
Ahkello Witherspoon
Mackensie Alexander (slot)
Kevin King
Rasul Douglas
Dre Kirkpatrick
Baushad Breeland
Artie Burns
DJ Hayden
Fabian Moreau

Troy Hill....I could dig that as a homer. 

More targeted, Fabian Moreau intrigues me. Dude has some absolute wheels and some solid CB size. Not sure how he looked in Washington other than getting injured. With the guys we have to cover in the AFCW, he wouldn't be a terrible reclamation project. 

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Probably a bit of both. 

I doubt his workout was fantastic, but I also doubt the Chiefs sign him of it was that bad. 

Likewise, I don't think Hudson leaving freaked him out so much as the white noise surrounding it in the first place.

Folks like to overlook rumors and rumblings, but PR is a big deal. We ultimately saved face with Hudson and Jackson now, but both were moves that could've been made without the excess chatter making us look semi-competent at best. 

Whoever is in charge of putting out fires and whatnot isn't very good at their job. We seem to always have some crazy story that gains traction and spirals before it finally settles (Mack saga, AB saga, Hudson/Jackson saga). Eventually, that's gonna start worrying FA's. They're people too, after all, and while not likely glued to screens watching moves as much as fans, they're still prone to hearing or perceiving bad management decisions. Ditto for agents. 

11 hours ago, reddevil said:

No one was jumping ship. And I for one am still upset about losing Hudson. Couldn’t care less about Brown and think moving on from Jackson and essentially replacing him with Good is the right call. Really pleased about Good coming back.

But we have still lost arguably our most consistent player for the last however long. I hope James can be the guy, but that’s a massive unknown. And I just didn’t see any need for it when we don’t save any money. Hudson will be better than anyone we draft in the 3rd round.

And if it was the case that he wanted out, then there’s questions to be answered about that too. 

So no, I don’t feel the same gleeful abandon that has appeared since the news that we traded one of our best players instead of cutting him. But that doesn’t mean I’m jumping ship!

Yup.

Criticizing a staff that hasn't actually won much of anything, rebuilding 3 years into what was supposed to be a quick touch-up job, with more bad divorces from who should've been key players than playoff appearances isn't jumping ship, it's simply not fan girling. 

20 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Give me 1 of them, I'm cool with it. Gets us some size. 

Both would be overkill. 

Drafting one day 3 makes more sense. 

Only said adding one of them would take the offense to a different level if the other guys stay healthy and take a 2nd year leap. We have relatively little spent at WR right now so a 3-4 year deal with rising cap on a established receiver like JuJu or Golladay won’t burden the cap in future years but could be the defense between above average and elite offense. Brown’s good, but has his injury bugs and rather see him as someone mixed in as a 2/3 receiver while Ruggs and Edwards develop. I’m not worried about the Oline when it’s all said and done either.. have a big feeling at least 2 Olinemen will be drafted and it will be a strength.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yup.

Criticizing a staff that hasn't actually won much of anything, rebuilding 3 years into what was supposed to be a quick touch-up job, with more bad divorces from who should've been key players than playoff appearances isn't jumping ship, it's simply not fan girling. 

The quick touch-up job was done the moment we traded Mack and Coop. After that it was clear it was going to take a while for us to be back. 

Going 4-12, 7-9, 8-8 isnt that bad of a job considering it was a 6-10 team minus Mack & Coop.

2021 is really going to be important if this is a team on the rise, or if we go back to same old same old. Since our last SB appearance we only had 2 stretches of 2 seasons similar to our last season (all others worse).  The Cable & Jackson 8-8/8-8 years and the playoff year with del Rio (7-9/12-4).

We were allready crashing during the 8-8 year of Hue (2 1st round picks for palmer, going from 7-4 to 8-8) and we certainly crashed after our playoff year  with del Rio.

If we can go 9-8 or better this season would be a massive step for this franchise, first time in 19 years were we would have 3 decent season in a row.

If i'm being honest i am very cautious about this scenario, but i like our free agency so far, i think we can have upside in our young guys and 4 picks in the 1st 80 picks.

Edited by Roninho