2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders flat thus far. Would agree on Washington, they are building a nice squad.

Feels about right for us. Defense is better on paper and offense is worse, but neither extravagantly so.

Not sure I agree with the Patriots being so high. Feels like they just made a high volume of signings rather than any particularly good pickups.

41 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Feels about right for us. Defense is better on paper and offense is worse, but neither extravagantly so.

Not sure I agree with the Patriots being so high. Feels like they just made a high volume of signings rather than any particularly good pickups.

Kinda easy to see with pats. Even though I think they overpaid on some. They had a wr and te core of guys who should be bottom of depth chart, especially at tightend. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Thoughts on Sherman? He’d bring a lot of leadership to the defense Id feel. He’d probably reign in Abrams too. Not too sure he can hang as a starter on the outside though. 

I want Sherman.  But I think his age may keep us from signing him.  That and the fact that he was injured last season.  He was solid his last healthy year though, and I know Gruden wants to bring him in to some degree.  I think he's better than Arnette. 

Seems like a stop gap year as it is with all of these 1 year prove it deal signings.  So might as well bring him in as a stop gap CB for the next 2 years.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think we brought in Thomas and Jefferson to battle with Hurst in training camp to have a rotation at 3T. 

I am not confident in any of those 3.  Hurst just not enough to make an impact, Thomas is a bust that is good against the run, Jefferson played well in Seattle but was still not a force in creating pressure.  Jefferson might be the best of the bunch but he was not good last year.  He had 3 sacks, not that good, but only 9 pressures.  He produced as much as Hankins did last year in the pass game.