What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

All in all though, you can't go wrong with any of Zep's first five IMO.  All are playable all the way through.  Presence and Physical Graffiti are a bit more inconsistent IMO, even though I know real Zep fans are supposed to prefer PG.

Honestly, other than Kashmir and Trampled Under Foot, I'm ok on passing on the rest of PG.  Once again though, it's been a long time since I listened to it all the way through.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly, other than Kashmir and Trampled Under Foot, I'm ok on passing on the rest of PG.  Once again though, it's been a long time since I listened to it all the way through.

HotH is my favorite.. partially because it was one of the few cassettes I had for my first car, and because it has Over the Hills and Far Away.. by far my favorite song of theirs

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I did get around to listening through Led Zeppelin IV yesterday, and it was pretty much exactly as I remembered.  A ton of classics, and I still get taken completely out of the flow when The Battle of Evermore and Four Sticks come on at tracks 3 and 6.  My initial feeling of II being a better album as a whole, but IV being my favorite album because of 6 absolute classics outside of the two I don't care for much remains the same.  TBoE and FS would be my least liked songs if they were included with all the songs on II as well.

Next up I want to try to give Houses of the Holy a complete listen through as well, and then maybe LZIII

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super depressing news. Ozzy was such an enigma, marketing himself as the Price of Darkness yet he wrote a bunch of protest songs and songs about love and peace. 

This is another legend I never got to see live and it just plain sucks. I don't care if tickets are $500 a pop, I will be going to the next Dylan show I can when he announces the next tour

Edited by adamq

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lol yep! I love that term and every time I say it to someone, they're like "what the hell does that even mean" then when it's explained, they always agree it's a perfect description

I had never heard it before him so when you said that I wanted to know if that was a real thing or a Finn thing lol 

Love Finn's stuff. 

• Like 1