Week 16 GDT

Blackstar12

25 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

There is only one way to rate them fairly at this point, compare what they both did in their first 3 starts.

• Jackson was a 67 rated passer with 1 TD, 2 picks, and about 150 yards passing a game. He also ran for 2 TDs and 265 yards.
  • Hurts is 100+ rated passer so far with 5 TD passes and 613 yards passing with more than a half to go in game 3.
    • He also has 213 yards rushing at a much higher average (5.5 per run vs 4.2) and a TD.

FYI, Lamar faced 3 doormat teams that were 4-12, 7-9, and 6-10

They were both highly talented dual threat prospects that were not considered worth a top 10 pick.

If you prefer Jackson through 3 starts its because you have an agenda.

I'll take seeing Lamar Jackson's first season as a starter as a better gauge of what he is truly capable of over Hurts in three starts. 

Flawed logic. 3 games is a laughable sample size to measure a young QB. For example, Gardner Minshew played KC, Tennessee, and Houston his 1st 3 games last year (3 of the best AFC teams), and had 5 touchdowns and 1 interception. How would you rank him now after those 3 games last year? Sure you can rate Hurts/Jackson through their 1st 3 games, but I doubt it really gives you any sort of accurate depiction of their potential.

Edited by tyler735

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

They're saying this about literally every coach in the league now. 

Gotta carry that nepotism water, I suppose.  But that didn't seem to be an issue when multiple teams were canning their HC's midseason.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I'll take seeing Lamar Jackson's first season as a starter as a better gauge of what he is truly capable of over Hurts in the starts. 

Flawed logic. 3 games is a laughable sample size to measure a young QB. For example, Gardner Minshew played KC, Tennessee, and Houston his 1st 3 games last year (3 of the best AFC teams), and had 5 touchdowns and 1 interception. How would you rank him now after those 3 games last year? Sure you can rate Hurts/Jackson through their 1st 3 games, but I doubt it really gives you any sort of accurate depiction of their potential.

Me agreeing wholeheartedly with tyler may be the most 2020 thing ever...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Yeah not like that tho. 6 starters out basically on offense. 

2 on defense. 

Doubt that’s happened to anyone else. 

Ravens say hi.

Regardless, depth is important in all sports. Complaining about COVID if you miss the playoffs is such a cop out.

8 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Disagree. Playoff teams shouldn’t lose to the Jets regardless of how many WRs were out. It’s a moot point. This was our Super Bowl. We aren’t winning next week. We lost out on the playoffs today. 

I love you man, but I’m ready to chokeslam you through a table.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Many playoff teams have had to overcome a COVID game this year though.

No one has been able to win one though...Nothing close to that.

See: Denver, Baltimore 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I'll take seeing Lamar Jackson's first season as a starter as a better gauge of what he is truly capable of over Hurts in the starts. 

Minshew has played like an NFL starter from the jump.

He had some rookie fumblitis but other than that he's done pretty well.

I guess your faux intellectual superiority includes pretending the Ravens and Jags have the same team talent? 😂

Someone said something about flawed logic?

Just now, SkippyX said:

Minshew has played like an NFL starter from the jump.

He had some rookie fumblitis but other than that he's done pretty well.

I guess your faux intellectual superiority includes pretending the Ravens and Jags have the same team talent? 😂

Someone said something about flawed logic?

Considering the team about to pick #1 overall has given up on him, I don't think it's fair to say he's done "pretty well"