MNF - Buffalo @ New England

incognito_man

Who will have more TDs  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have more TDs

• Josh Allen
    • New England D/ST

30 minutes ago, DannyB said:

No I get what you mean, but one part of the whole "Patriots Mystique" over the past 20 years has been their mastery of the cap, never letting themselves get backed in the corner like this. Bill himself has talked about how they're able to maneuver the cap around to allow them to continue fielding competitive teams. So I have to ask people...which is it? If they were so good at it for this long, what happened this time?

This year is different, isn't it and apparently he was heard saying he can't believe this season ever went ahead. He may well of just completely punted this season. If you're going to punt one season, might as well make it the COVID season where you also need a bit of a roster reset. 

Also, I really wouldn't take anything he says to the press literally. If he told a reporter there's no money, he probably just wants to hurry up and go home. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Probably just saw an opportunity to do it another way. They were never going to win this year. Not when 8 starters left for Covid and they replaced Brady with Cam. Nothing wrong with it really. 

Like I said - Saints and Eagles are probably doing the same thing next year because they are both ~$50m+ over the cap.... And both might be losing their "star" QB.

wait...8 STARTERS? Haha! Who do you think opted out and what do you think their role was on the team?

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Are you OK Dan? 4 posts in a row slamming Bill. lol

Oh that wasn't supposed to be a slam at all to be honest. I think BIll is legit impressed with what Sean has done up there, and has no problem letting him know. He doesn't do that for everybody.

This year is different, isn't it and apparently he was heard saying he can't believe this season ever went ahead. He may well of just completely punted this season. If you're going to punt one season, might as well make it the COVID season where you also need a bit of a roster reset. 

That's not what most Pats fans were saying in the offseason, and two weeks into the season. But if he really wanted to do that he should've gone full measure and really tanked, gotten a better pick.

Also, I really wouldn't take anything he says to the press literally. If he told a reporter there's no money, he probably just wants to hurry up and go home. 

I absolutely do not take anything he says in the press literally. I'm merely pointing out how ridiculous it is for those people that do (and there are plenty of them). Not just a Bill thing.

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Wow Bill Belichick is so cringe in his press conference 

What was so cringy? Seemed pretty boilerplate to me. Of course his absurd praise of Cam doing everything they want him to do is just lip service, but whatever it's been like that all season.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats what they said during the game. I dont know their team, we never play them.

It's definitely not 8 starters. Hightower was the biggest one, but he's past his prime as it is, has dealt with injuries for years, but is still a nice vet presence out there and potential playmaker. Chung is probably the next one, who is really kinda meh at best. Holds his own at least but there isn't much "plus" there. Honestly the net effect of those opt outs is massively overblown.

7 hours ago, childofpudding said:

He's basically saying that they went all in for Brady without saying it. Definitely sounds like an excuse, though.

Still some pundits will buy this horse ****. Going all in to help an old QB that may be about to retire is what the Saints are doing with Brees the past few seasons culminating to this year. It's their last chance. Their 2021 projected spending is around one hundred millions above the projected NFL cap. 100.000.000! And that's because Kamara's contract will only kick in 2022.

Saints made Thomas the highest paid WR in NFL history at the time of the signing, then gave Kamara the second largest RB contract in the NFL. Also, Saints had already brought in a veteran TE to created mismatches in Cook that's gonna eat some cap too and on top of that they took Sanders from the SB runner up 49ers(couldn't keep him because of cap concerns even tho he produced instantly). Oh and to back up their highest paid RB they couldn't go with a rookie, they signed a veteran RB that still can get them 800+ total yards and 5+ TDs on limited snaps. Plus they worked around to make their oline group the second highest paid in the NFL next year.

Still the D is their strongest point (last game included) and they thought they might improve that and traded for Kwon Alexander at trade deadline because he'd be a cap nightmare for the 49ers next year.

In short: that's what could be called selling out to help an aging QB. Pats lost already banged up Gronk and Bill gave Tom freaking Lacrosse and Izzo,. Cmon! Let's not forget Pats won the last championship splitting a RB and a Full back wide so that way they could create mismatches because Edelman was the only one getting open in the SB. Let that sink in. And some Pats fans still have the nerve to bash Josh because he might have failed to produce in the past years with the hot garbage Bill brought in offensively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

It's definitely not 8 starters. Hightower was the biggest one, but he's past his prime as it is, has dealt with injuries for years, but is still a nice vet presence out there and potential playmaker. Chung is probably the next one, who is really kinda meh at best. Holds his own at least but there isn't much "plus" there. Honestly the net effect of those opt outs is massively overblown.

Starting RT (but not missed at all, in fact the rookie is better)

Starting ILB, captain and most important player in the front 7 (Hightower hasn't showed signs of being past his prime yet. What's the evidence? Crucial in the run game, and this season if anything highlights how important he is)

Starting SS (again, more key than you're thinking...although his production has been replaced mostly by Phillips and Dugger)

Starting TE (but he's crap anyway)

The others are squad players and/or new to the team. So you are right.

No way can we use it as an excuse because we are bad EVERYWHERE (except punter and OL), but we do miss a couple of those. And it is not the reason we suck. We suck because we have no good players on the field in a lot of key areas. Front 7 in particular is horrendous

Edited by Hunter2_1

sCam Newton is finished. This is the end result of every running QB. The legs go and then ya got nothing. This guy was one of the best at it and he's already done at 31. Lamar Jackson will meet the same fate but won't make it to 30. This is why you draft a pocket passer as your franchise QB.

1 minute ago, lod01 said:

sCam Newton is finished. This is the end result of every running QB. The legs go and then ya got nothing. This guy was one of the best at it and he's already done at 31. Lamar Jackson will meet the same fate but won't make it to 30. This is why you draft a pocket passer as your franchise QB.

I agree in drafting pocket passers, but Cam's legs haven't gone? His arm/shoulder has. He's got the most rushing TDs in the league at QB

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DannyB said:

....does that make you feel better after they made your team their ***** for two decades?

No, I genuinely was just taking a jab. We all know that NE realized that Cam isn't the guy and as a result they've not had the season they wanted but I have a feeling they're having the season they expected. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, lod01 said:

Well what do you think about Josh Allen? He started out as a rushing QB and developed into more of a pocket passer... he was compared  to Newton alot. Do you think he will suffer same fate?

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well what do you think about Josh Allen? He started out as a rushing QB and developed into more of a pocket passer... he was compared  to Newton alot. Do you think he will suffer same fate?

Cam never showed to be anywhere close to the level of passing threat that JA has this year.

Edited by bigbadbuff
  • Like 1