Who will have more TDs  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have more TDs

• Josh Allen
    • New England D/ST

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Stefon Diggs in his last three games has a slash line of 31/422/4 

lmao

anybody who tries to crap on that trade by saying "they could've just drafted Jefferson and gotten someone almost as good for much less lmao so dumb" is just being an absolute idiot who has no idea how football, the league, and life in general works.

And I say that while at the same time admitting that the Vikings did GREAT on that trade, and really may have lucked out by finding a guy who has approximated Diggs remarkably well.

However, a few things: There's no guarantee that Buffalo would have also gotten Jefferson, and there's no guarantee that he would work as well in Buffalo. Sometimes the pieces just don't fit the same way on a different team/different QB/different coaching staff.

McD and the FO staff in Buffalo identified a guy they really liked, really believed would work in their system, and would help out their young franchise investment at QB in a big way. They were aggressive and got their guy, and it has absolutely paid off. Good for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

I get what he's saying, but yes, it's absolutely an excuse. They could have spent more money if they really wanted to, they didn't go all in. They may have looked up against the cap but that can always be manipulated if they wanted to. Furthermore, whatever cap issues they really had, are directly Bill's doing.

There's also an element of his complaints falling on deaf ears when he had the best QB in the league constantly taking below market, at times borderline insulting contracts.

They are doing a cap flush though. Reset all their bad/dead contracts. Like the $20m they are still paying Tom.

Also - Just a reminder that Tom did get the largest contract in NFL history at one point. They werent all team friendly. 

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Same.

i want everyone to win a SB before the Vikings do :)

Thats mean. I felt the same way about the Eagles my entire life... But vikings are midwestern sweethearts and Eagles are the walking embodiment of  donkey poop.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They are doing a cap flush though. Reset all their bad/dead contracts. Like the $20m they are still paying Tom.

Also - Just a reminder that Tom did get the largest contract in NFL history at one point. They werent all team friendly. 

Thats mean. I felt the same way about the Eagles my entire life... But vikings are midwestern sweethearts and Eagles are the walking embodiment of  donkey poop.

we are the sweethearts

ever seen the show The Vikings?

they are *****

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

-It's like 13 million to Brady

-If they really wanted to add players they could, the cap can absolutely be fudged and manipulated in a number of ways

-Any real cap trouble they are/were in was also created by Belichick himself so it rings.a bit hollow to complain about it

-Brady's contract in 2010 was only very briefly the biggest one, and that was before QB prices ballooned. It was still only like 10% of the cap, whereas just a few years later the going rate for a top QB contract was closer to 20%. Brady would never touch that with the Pats, even on short money, despite Super Bowl wins, and MVP awards.

6 minutes ago, DannyB said:

-If they really wanted to add players they could, the cap can absolutely be fudged and manipulated in a number of ways

-Any real cap trouble they are/were in was also created by Belichick himself so it rings.a bit hollow to complain about it

You are missing what I am saying. They are doing a cap reset. Eagles and Saints are probably going to have to as well. You "kick the can" for years and years - then in one year you can reset it by fixing bad contracts or dead money. 

Its why they punted this year and will have like $50m next year.... when their players come back from covid.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are missing what I am saying. They are doing a cap reset. Eagles and Saints are probably going to have to as well. You "kick the can" for years and years - then in one year you can reset it by fixing bad contracts or dead money. 

Its why they punted this year and will have like $50m next year.... when their players come back from covid.

No I get what you mean, but one part of the whole "Patriots Mystique" over the past 20 years has been their mastery of the cap, never letting themselves get backed in the corner like this. Bill himself has talked about how they're able to maneuver the cap around to allow them to continue fielding competitive teams. So I have to ask people...which is it? If they were so good at it for this long, what happened this time?

20 minutes ago, DannyB said:

No I get what you mean, but one part of the whole "Patriots Mystique" over the past 20 years has been their mastery of the cap, never letting themselves get backed in the corner like this. Bill himself has talked about how they're able to maneuver the cap around to allow them to continue fielding competitive teams. So I have to ask people...which is it? If they were so good at it for this long, what happened this time?

Probably just saw an opportunity to do it another way. They were never going to win this year. Not when 8 starters left for Covid and they replaced Brady with Cam. Nothing wrong with it really. 

Like I said - Saints and Eagles are probably doing the same thing next year because they are both ~$50m+ over the cap.... And both might be losing their "star" QB.