What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

I just cant imagine Drew winning this. To win, he needs to do things Teddy cant (Big plays) while not turning the ball over. Given the mentality of Lock, and his history of 'forcing it', I would wager that he falls into the 'gotta play big to win the job' trap and just keeps forcing the issue.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

People do realize Bridgewater had 11 ints to 15 tds. While Lock had 16-15 with 3 rushing tds. 

We're acting like Teddy is 05 Plummer going 18-7.

But the year before on a good team he was 5-0, 99.1 passer rating and 9-2 TD's to Int's.

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

People do realize Bridgewater had 11 ints to 15 tds. While Lock had 16-15 with 3 rushing tds. 

Don't get caught up in stats. Teddy understands the game, at this point Drew does not.

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Rodgers has 11 INTs...in the last three seasons combined. 😉

I mean that's the thing right? Even if we had to give up some sort of ridiculous haul like a bunch of 1st + 2 good young players and Drew or Teddy (4-6 first rounder equivalents), we likely still come out well on that deal. Again, I'm not necessarily saying we should take something like that, but damn...Rodgers simply is a game changer. I know some are down on him for not having even more superbowl wins in the league, but he's been to so many NFC championship games, that's got to count for something. I'd kill to have that for us right now

• Like 1

Apparently Watson is close to settling things are about to get really interesting. Carolina and Philly are reported to still be interested. Got to imagine we would be too.

Honestly, if he goes to Philly I'd love to grab Hurts he offers a different dynamic than Lock and Teddy. Him with Williams in the backfield may be magical.

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Apparently Watson is close to settling things are about to get really interesting. Carolina and Philly are reported to still be interested. Got to imagine we would be too.

Honestly, if he goes to Philly I'd love to grab Hurts he offers a different dynamic than Lock and Teddy. Him with Williams in the backfield may be magical.

Ew. You know those conversations in this thread about 2nd tier prospects...this is exactly that. Hurts hasn't shown anything yet to make me believe he's the answer to a franchise.

Watson though, that could be very interesting right now with the Rodgers stuff going on with us. Idk though...part of me just feels Watson is going to be trouble no matter where he goes now. These allegations indicate a habit and habits don't change easily. Certainly doesn't fit with what the Broncos have been building with "high character" guys

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dbrog24 said:

Ew. You know those conversations in this thread about 2nd tier prospects...this is exactly that. Hurts hasn't shown anything yet to make me believe he's the answer to a franchise.

Watson though, that could be very interesting right now with the Rodgers stuff going on with us. Idk though...part of me just feels Watson is going to be trouble no matter where he goes now. These allegations indicate a habit and habits don't change easily. Certainly doesn't fit with what the Broncos have been building with "high character" guys

Philly had nothing on offense last year I don't think it's fair to judge him on that and he did beat the saints which was impressive. I'd take him as another dart at the board type move. He'll only get better.

1 hour ago, Dbrog24 said:

I mean that's the thing right? Even if we had to give up some sort of ridiculous haul like a bunch of 1st + 2 good young players and Drew or Teddy (4-6 first rounder equivalents), we likely still come out well on that deal. Again, I'm not necessarily saying we should take something like that, but damn...Rodgers simply is a game changer. I know some are down on him for not having even more superbowl wins in the league, but he's been to so many NFC championship games, that's got to count for something. I'd kill to have that for us right now

Rodgers basically guarantees you’re in the mix in January and gives you a chance to win the division. In the Bridgewater/Lock scenario, you’ll have a shot at the playoffs but a lot of things need to break right and you probably aren’t hosting any playoff games.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Hard pass on Hurts. You can scheme up some stuff with his mobility but he’s just a bad passer. 

I get it 52 completion percentage but that offense was dreadful talent wise. 

Hurts also led the league in yards per completion or attempt one of those minimum of 100 throws at 13.3 it was above Brady. Has excellent touch on his deep ball I think he can improve. 

All moot until Watson settles his cases and is traded. Albright said the reports of him settling are completely false but we'll see. I don't think it makes sense legal matters would be released to insiders kind of a road not much traveled.

4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Don't get caught up in stats. Teddy understands the game, at this point Drew does not.

Good point, but to me that almost makes him worse. Bridgewater understands the game and yet he still has terrible stats. To me, that implies a low and very established ceiling. With Lock, you could tell that the game was still just a bit too fast for him. If we don’t trade for Rodgers, I’m betting we see a significant jump from Lock this season. 

• Like 3

Honestly if it’s between paying up for A-Rod or Watson (obv resolved league issue) and speculating on Hurts at a cheaper price - you go with the proven elite talent.    Either A-Rod or Watson are no-brainer choices.    Hard pass on Hurts when you have those alternatives.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

The fact that both QBs we have to choose from three 16 TD passes last year is.... frustrating lol