What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk how he is looked as a franchise qb now he posted gaudy numbers in a stacked offense that had trouble running the ball

I would pay big bucks for Dak. He's incredibly good and was playing in a ridiculously conservative offense.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Eh I didn't see a conservative offense it couldn't be with that joke of a defense in big D . I

A lot of Dak's career I feel like has been run-run-pass. Maybe less so recently, but feel like they leaned a lot on Zeke until opening it up more recently. Dak is absolutely a QB you can build around though. He's a Top 8-10 QB when healthy. Would instantly make us a playoff team with our defense.

6 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

A lot of Dak's career I feel like has been run-run-pass. Maybe less so recently, but feel like they leaned a lot on Zeke until opening it up more recently. Dak is absolutely a QB you can build around though. He's a Top 8-10 QB when healthy. Would instantly make us a playoff team with our defense.

I think he's more of a top 10 -15 guy we've never seen a team built around him when he's getting paid a kings ransom has to be a factor.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Name 15 QBs better than Dak that you would want to build a franchise around.

Dak's age (turns 28 in July) helps his case. If I'm building a franchise I'm going to try to get a QB in, at oldest, his early 30s. It would be difficult to find 15 QBs you would begin a franchise with before Dak. 

Thus, the ones I would take over Dak would be - Maholmes, Allen, Jackson, Watson, Lawrence, Herbert and Wilson (age 32 in week 1 2021). That's only 7, including one who has yet to play a down in the NFL, and I'm not sure all of them are slam-dunks over Dak. 

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Dak's age (turns 28 in July) helps his case. If I'm building a franchise I'm going to try to get a QB in, at oldest, his early 30s. It would be difficult to find 15 QBs you would begin a franchise with before Dak. 

Thus, the ones I would take over Dak would be - Maholmes, Allen, Jackson, Watson, Lawrence, Herbert and Wilson (age 32 in week 1 2021). That's only 7, including one who has yet to play a down in the NFL, and I'm not sure all of them are slam-dunks over Dak. 

I'd take a burrow on a rookie deal too guys like that

17 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I debated including Burrow. He looked good when he played but also got hurt. I would consider him but I still think I would take Dak over Burrow if I was starting a franchise. 

Dak got hurt too though both significant injuries I'll take the rookie deal