2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Old Man Good Job GIF

Now you have my attention, Now we can get the WR we want at 9, only problem is that forces us  to go QB at two, either thru the draft or a trade for Watson. I have to run this deal thru my boss, I am only the asst to asst of the Jets GM

I would trade Darnold if it would garner a number 1 pick this year or next.

Package it to Houston in a Watson deal as a combo package somewhat like this our 1st this year, our 1st next year along with the first for Darnold, and Seattle's first next year and if need be 2023's first.

Houston could balance things with some mid round picks to us.

That would give Houston 5 number 1's

This would give us this years late number one, and all of our picks following for the next 3 years minus our 1st rounders.

Having Watson would excel the teams FA players wanting to come to the Jets and the Jets could continue to rebuild through the draft. The cap giving them the flexibility of adding quality players in lieu of number 1 draft picks.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Now you have my attention, Now we can get the WR we want at 9, only problem is that forces us  to go QB at two, either thru the draft or a trade for Watson. I have to run this deal thru my boss, I am only the asst to asst of the Jets GM

I think in this scenario it would be Wilson/Fields at #2 with either Chase/Smith at 9. Just would have to hope one of them is still there at that point. 

Edited by xenajets

Ranking Best 2021 NFL Free Agent Offensive Linemen Guards 2

Two things stand out here...

1. Thuney or Scherff have to be a priority.

2. Pat Elfein is one of the worst guards in football and it is malpractice to suggest him to be a starter on this team. Even I agree that these grades should be taken with a grain of salt but they help with offensive lineman when they arent statistical players. Even if you gave this guy the benefit of the doubt that his grades are lower than the should be...if you graded him on a freakin curve hed still be amazingly below average...hes terrible. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

2. Pat Elfein is one of the worst guards in football and it is malpractice to suggest him to be a starter on this team. Even I agree that these grades should be taken with a grain of salt but they help with offensive lineman when they arent statistical players. Even if you gave this guy the benefit of the doubt that his grades are lower than the should be...if you graded him on a freakin curve hed still be amazingly below average...hes terrible. 

Lane Taylor or John Miller would be nice back up options if we can’t nab Thuney or Scherff. Give me one of those 4 and 1 of Jalen Mayfield, AVT, Sam Cosmi, or Wyatt Davis

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Who plays for Scherff when he misses multiple games like has for the past 4 years?  Not to mention he played in the NFC East facing arguably the worst DL’s for 6 games. Pass on him.

As for Elflein, while watching him play, he is a decent run blocker. Pass pro needs improvement. If we sign a good OG/C, Elflein may be passable for now. I would not hesitate to draft an OG/C early enough to take over next year or even this year if he falters. 

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Schefter says Darnold will fetch a late first if we trade him.

The league is still much higher on Darnold than the fans are.

That'd be great to get that value for him. There was a time where we didn't even think we could get a late 2nd for him.

Goes to show you that the league doesn't think Darnold is the problem. Which has been my stance (more or less) on him as well. I think it might come down to a value thing for him if we don't trade for Watson. If we cant get a late 1st maybe for him or a very high 2nd at worse... we decide to stick with him. If we get that value... we draft Wilson or Fields at 2 and have 23, a late 1st and 34 still to big time help a QB. 

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That'd be great to get that value for him. There was a time where we didn't even think we could get a late 2nd for him.

Goes to show you that the league doesn't think Darnold is the problem. Which has been my stance (more or less) on him as well. I think it might come down to a value thing for him if we don't trade for Watson. If we cant get a late 1st maybe for him or a very high 2nd at worse... we decide to stick with him. If we get that value... we draft Wilson or Fields at 2 and have 23, a late 1st and 34 still to big time help a QB. 

Regardless of what they think he is definitely part of it. I want to believe in him badly but hat notion scares me. Gase was a terrible hiring, his play calling was often terrible and offense typically vanilla. However, if you watch some video of Shannahans offense and notice some of the concepts he runs, watch video on darnold and gase has run a few of those concepts as well including the popular burner concept. I hate to say it but some of the times Gase was quoted in saying "right play call, poor execution" he was right. I just thnk we need to start fresh with this new regime. I really wish it wasnt the case. 

Eh, teams believed in Sam Bradford his entire career despite him only having 1 good season. The league generally acts under a belief of confirmation bias when it comes to QBs. Guys they were high up on they are almost always high up on them regardless of how poorly they perform. Same with the inverse. Guys people thought were bad need to overperform for like 3 straight seasons before people will say they were wrong on them