2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

12 minutes ago, kilahchris said:

We should try very hard to get Allen Robinson WR bears. 

He would be one of my top targets. He would be perfect for Sam or a rookie QB. He has played with bad QB’s and still shined. In other words, he is not the product of a system but rather a really good WR. If we get Watson, he may not be needed as much, but I could see him being a top 5 WR with Watson and LaFleur. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

He would be one of my top targets. He would be perfect for Sam or a rookie QB. He has played with bad QB’s and still shined. In other words, he is not the product of a system but rather a really good WR. If we get Watson, he may not be needed as much, but I could see him being a top 5 WR with Watson and LaFleur. 

I don't see him signing with us if we're deciding to draft a QB at 2. He signed with CHI knowing they'd be drafting a QB (Trubisky). And he's had rather bad QB play while in CHI. Remember he had Bortles before that. So he's never had a good QB throwing him the ball. He's had below average young QBs throwing him the ball his whole career.

I'd expect he'd want to go to a situation better than a rookie at QB. We trade for Watson, and I think he'd actually take less money to come to us. We roll with a rookie or Darnold and I think he doesn't consider us besides leverage to try and get more money with a team with a better QB situation. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't see him signing with us if we're deciding to draft a QB at 2. He signed with CHI knowing they'd be drafting a QB (Trubisky). And he's had rather bad QB play while in CHI. Remember he had Bortles before that. So he's never had a good QB throwing him the ball. He's had below average young QBs throwing him the ball his whole career.

I'd expect he'd want to go to a situation better than a rookie at QB. We trade for Watson, and I think he'd actually take less money to come to us. We roll with a rookie or Darnold and I think he doesn't consider us besides leverage to try and get more money with a team with a better QB situation. 

Reason No. 7,346 for not rolling with Darnold.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We roll with a rookie or Darnold and I think he doesn't consider us besides leverage to try and get more money with a team with a better QB situation. 

Yeah, that has to be taken into account. Here is where the lower cap my benefit us by reducing the number of teams that CAN sign him. He is still one of my top two targets, though.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Panthers offered 8th overall for Stafford, now he's more proven than Darnold but I would take that chance and at least ask.

It’d probably have to be like 23 AND Darnold for 8. That puts Darnold on his own worth a late 1st. So CAR would get a young QB and still have a 1st rounder.

Thing is we don’t know if they even like Darnold and galore him. They might think a guy like Jones at 8 is a better option for them. I don’t know.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still want Darnold or Watson. Did you see how Pat Maholmes did with a bad OL in the super bowl. I think pretty much any QB can do well with a good OL. 

Mahomes was still doing things that were good even with that OL. Darnold hasn't shown that under pressure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mahomes was still doing things that were good even with that OL. Darnold hasn't shown that under pressure.

No you are right but this is a top 2 guy for QB and he even struggled. I'm a huge guy that wants the OL before anything. I think drafting a QB with this line will just set that QB back too. You have to have 5 good OL guys. This is why I would like to trade down and grab Sewell to lock up the tackle postions for the next 10 years. Once you have that good OL pretty much any QB can be a top 15 QB. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I am sorry he is no Brett Favre. lol.

Darnold's inability to carry the load is definitely a concern for Jets. As for Darnold, he just needs to find right system to start actually developing his NFL skill set before he may or may not finally carry the load.  What a waste of time.

• Like 1

Jeremy Fowler saying we like JuJu and Will Fuller along with Zach Pascal, seems like we’re going to be very active in the WR Market, still wouldn’t surprise me if we moved on from Crowder to get a more versatile slot weapon I.E. Curtis Samuel or JuJu

25 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Jeremy Fowler saying we like JuJu and Will Fuller along with Zach Pascal, seems like we’re going to be very active in the WR Market, still wouldn’t surprise me if we moved on from Crowder to get a more versatile slot weapon I.E. Curtis Samuel or JuJu

JuJu, Fuller and Pascal are all what????? Tier 2 WR. 

I like Fuller the most of the 3 but all are very good.