NFLPA President JC Tretter calls for permanent end of offseason programs

pwny

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

well NBA players can get away with that because their contracts are fully guaranteed. Bet you NFL players would be fine with what they are currently doing if they knew they wouldnt be in trouble contract wise if they got hurt in an offseason program. 

Nfl would be fine with a 9 month season if their contracts were guaranteed?

48 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Nfl would be fine with a 9 month season if their contracts were guaranteed?

Did I say that? 

NBA can have a longer season cause it’s no where near as physically taxing on ones body like the NFL 

if the NFL had fully guaranteed contracts there would Be no issues with how long their offseason programs is or what they have to do for the offseason  program 

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Did I say that? 

NBA can have a longer season cause it’s no where near as physically taxing on ones body like the NFL 

if the NFL had fully guaranteed contracts there would Be no issues with how long their offseason programs is or what they have to do for the offseason  program 

Wasn't sure what you were saying.

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Did I say that? 

To me this is the failure of the NFLPA.  This should be the absolute first and foremost issue at hand.  Why is the NFL still the only major sports league w/o fully guaranteed contracts.  And if it's such a sticking point for ownership I would use it to maximize salary and medical benefits for the members.  Basically the fact that every bargaining period diesnt start with "we will not sign a new deal that doesnt include fully guaranteed contracts" is a huge sign of how weak the NFLPA is.  

On 12/31/2020 at 12:05 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

NBA has offseason, MLB has spring training. Are those not the equivalent of the NFL Preseason?

European football has the same.  Hell, many of the teams take their players abroad (the Middle East, East Asia, over here in the States) for parts of those preseason programs.