BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think I currently hold the record with 5 busts drafted in the first 19 picks of a single draft.

1.4 - Dee Milliner 
1.11 - Chance Warmack 
1.12 - Alec Ogletree 
2.2 - Justin Hunter 
2.3 - Cordarrelle Patterson

I vaguely recall criticizing your draft class at the time.

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think I currently hold the record with 5 busts drafted in the first 19 picks of a single draft.

1.4 - Dee Milliner 
1.11 - Chance Warmack 
1.12 - Alec Ogletree 
2.2 - Justin Hunter 

Well I have 6 of the top 14 so maybe I can break this!

38 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.4 - Dee Milliner 
1.11 - Chance Warmack 
1.12 - Alec Ogletree 
2.2 - Justin Hunter 

How did you get 5 busts when you drafted 2 "can't miss prospects" with Milliner and Warmack? :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.4 - Dee Milliner 
1.11 - Chance Warmack 
1.12 - Alec Ogletree 
2.2 - Justin Hunter 

S-E-C!!!!

29 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:
38 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The homer was strong.

I've gotten better!  Potentially, possibly, maybe cause UT has been hot garbage with almost no one worth drafting.

I'm picturing an embittered Ragnarok curled up in a corner rocking repeating to himself "I knew Kamara was going to be great..." over and over after picking the wrong time to "get better" with being a homer.

I’m pretty sure Rags traded up in the draft for Hunter and/or Patterson. Great times.

Also Patterson may not have developed into an elite receiver but he’s had a successful career in my opinion.

Edited by MD4L
Typo
  • Like 2

My favorite Rags post (can’t find it/unsure where he said this) but after drafting a SEC guy in one of these last 3 years said that he was glad those UGA/Bama/UF class of players graduated because they were amazing in college, particularly against UT.

It took a while to really relate but I do now buddy. Certainly do.

Well here it is. I stayed a little late at work to finish this up for you guys. The individual pick grades were mostly focused on the value of the players and where they were picked whereas when doing the team draft grade I thought more about fits and overall draft strategy so don't expect a one-to-one correlation with the pick grades and the team grades. Enjoy and please comment as much as you want about these, I do this because I enjoy the discussion.

2021 BDL Draft Grades & Superlatives

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

How did you get 5 busts when you drafted 2 "can't miss prospects" with Milliner and Warmack? :) 

I'm that good.

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm picturing an embittered Ragnarok curled up in a corner rocking repeating to himself "I knew Kamara was going to be great..." over and over after picking the wrong time to "get better" with being a homer.

Someone traded ahead of me to draft him...so I took D'Onta Foreman instead.

49 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m pretty sure Rags traded up in the draft for Hunter and/or Patterson. Great times.

Also Patterson may not have developed into an elite receiver but he’s had a successful career in my opinion.

I traded up so I could get both.

47 minutes ago, MD4L said:

My favorite Rags post (can’t find it/unsure where he said this) but after drafting a SEC guy in one of these last 3 years said that he was glad those UGA/Bama/UF class of players graduated because they were amazing in college, particularly against UT.

It took a while to really relate but I do now buddy. Certainly do.

I think it was the UGA offensive linemen from last year.  But you can really name just about any draftable prospect from those over the past decade, and they were likely amazing against UT.

@rackcs I will take an A-. Let's hope for the Boom.

You are correct in that I don't see JOK as a LB only. I think he's the top ranked Safety in this class. Someone who can stay on the field in DIME situations to cover the intermediate areas.

Horn could be the best CB in this class. It will be fun to see where he ends up.

Oweh I do love because of his Run Stopping ability this past season. He'll get his at the next level.

We differ on Radunz. I believe he's the 3rd best OT in this class. He should have come out in 2020 but stayed to win a 4th championship. 

Brown and Joseph I think have high upside.

I had the luxury this year of have one of my favorite mock drafters full rankings before we drafted. I normally only get them after our draft because it's so early. I think they helped me out in narrowing down players to select.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Well here it is. I stayed a little late at work to finish this up for you guys. The individual pick grades were mostly focused on the value of the players and where they were picked whereas when doing the team draft grade I thought more about fits and overall draft strategy so don't expect a one-to-one correlation with the pick grades and the team grades. Enjoy and please comment as much as you want about these, I do this because I enjoy the discussion.

2021 BDL Draft Grades & Superlatives

Great to have you in BDL. You are the man.