BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure I follow what you're saying about new values for 2022 / 2023.  Are you saying the draft order in the workbook isn't accurate?  The values are tied to the overall pick number.

That was not the current draft order for those years. It is just used to track when teams trade picks. So we know who owns the pick when we make the draft order next season.

We won't know their position and value until after the season is over.

Edited by SirA1

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I like it.  Actually building something like this with the new tcmd workbook.

The only issue would be that this would be viewable as well as others being able to edit it if housed in the single bdl workbook.

Check out this sheet from my tcmd build.  It's a bit different as it relates to creating a trade proposal for an OTC pick and is only viewable to the OTC GM.  But I think it's similar to what you're suggesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bNk4HsyeVb8w_2LPfihBqsqCSNny7OHAXdLz22jMlY8/edit#gid=1192746818

This is view only but the way it works is in section one, you offer the picks and players you're willing to trade, in the sections below once OTC you can view the potential offers from others in cell range A37:O74, or can view by team selecting the team in cell C26.

For BDL, it would work best if you all had private team workbooks so only the team you are making the trade offer to would be the only ones to see the offer, but if you don't mind others seeing the trade proposal, I could definitely add it.

That's probably too much work,  for how much it'd be used..  Unless others want it,   I spend most of my time in a personal doc,   that's just my personal taste for spreadsheets.       Definitely don't want to go to all personal docs,   I like the current set up.        I was just spit-balling,  I doubt many would use it.

Just now, SirA1 said:

That was not the current draft order for those years. It is just used to track when teams trade picks.

We won't know their position and value until after the season is over.

I understand what you're saying now, because the season hasn't played out.  I get that.

But the value is correctly tied to the overall pick value that doesn't change unless you change the value for the picks.

It still provides a solid reference to the value of the pick.  

Just now, RedGold said:

That's probably too much work,  for how much it'd be used..  Unless others want it,   I spend most of my time in a personal doc,   that's just my personal taste for spreadsheets.       Definitely don't want to go to all personal docs,   I like the current set up.        I was just spit-balling,  I doubt many would use it.

Not to mention the endless pings from people making offers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

It still provides a solid reference to the value of the pick.  

How when Anchorage doesn't own the picks that are listed? They get assigned false values for their rookie pool in 2022 and 2023?

Their original pick isn't 1.1.

For later rounds we also use a rotating order based off of record like the NFL does.

For instance 2 teams have identical records they would swap positions in each round.

Edited by SirA1

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

I don't mind doing it, but it would require everyone to have their own personal workbook for it to remain private.  If you guys don't mind keeping it open to the general public, basically the way the trade block is currently set up I could set it up in the main workbook but for it to really work like you're suggesting it would need to be private.

My personal opinion is that the personal team workbooks work really well for tcmd, I'm sure it would be just as beneficial here.  

This I'm sure would require a vote as it's a big change.

Happy to set it up if you guys want it.  If you'd rather have a sample workbook before making your decision I can do that, just let me know.

@Scoundrel / @WFLukic / @Pickle Rick / @Blue / @Ragnarok / @Jlash / @MD4L / @wwhickok / @pheltzbahr / @PR / @RuskieTitan / @rackcs / @EaglesPeteC / @bcb1213 / @RedGold / @SirA1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

How when Anchorage doesn't own the picks that are listed? They get assigned false values for their rookie pool in 2022 and 2023?

Their original pick isn't 1.1.

For later rounds we also use a rotating order based off of record like the NFL does.

For instance 2 teams have identical records they would swap positions in each round.

Do you have a different order list someone else?  

The original pick isn't 1.1 but is it not the first overall pick?

Just now, ny92mike said:

Do you have a different order list someone else?  

The original pick isn't 1.1 but is it not the first overall pick?

The picks order and values are accurate. I am just saying that the teams are in alphabetical order not pick order.

The closest thing to a draft order is the Standings. But that is for the first 16 picks only.  I have to manually create the draft order once the season ends because of the later rounds.