BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

This is on a 17" laptop.  That and at work I have two 24" monitors lol

My phone likely wouldn't even load it as I have a Samsung 5S.

It might be a bit much with a 17" inch monitor, I'm working off a trio of 2 24" inch monitors and one 32" inch HDMI monitor and increase the screen size, just so I can read and see what I'm doing...haha.  50 year old eyes...haha.  

Nonetheless, I removed the frozen rows.  I prefer having them because it allows me to see the column headers, which is helpful when building these pages.

I bet it would load, I've got an older LG phone and it loads, slow but it still loads.  I know it would load if this workbook was moved to the pay version of google sheets.  It is so much more responsive when loading pages and updating formulas.  The glitches we see with the spotrac data is not an issue with this version.

12 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 7.0
7. Berlin Blitzkrieg: George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue
7. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
7. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
9. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Camden): Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB, TCU
7. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Dare Rosenthal, OT, Kentucky
14. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Anchorage): Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
2. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Seoul): Ventrell Miller, LB, Florida

I like the Karlaftis pick there, and Willis would definitely be an option in the 2nd.  Don't know any of the rest yet, but I like the positions you gave me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

@rackcs I think Neal is the only BDL first round olineman other than maybe Linderbaum. I know you are high on Green but I just don’t think IOL gets taken that high here unless it’s a Nelson prospect.

I'd take Green borderline top 10 and I'd even take Ekwonu in the BDL first round. I'm not really trying to be predictive with my mocks at this point anyways, way too early for that. Mainly just matching needs with players. A lot of it is just me experimenting to gauge my values on players.  

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I like the Karlaftis pick there, and Willis would definitely be an option in the 2nd.  Don't know any of the rest yet, but I like the positions you gave me.

Out of the other guys I gave you, I think Flowers is going to be really good. I think he's got WR1 upside but he doesn't have the hype of some of the other top WRs because he's not as flashy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

Out of the other guys I gave you, I think Flowers is going to be really good. I think he's got WR1 upside but he doesn't have the hype of some of the other top WRs because he's not as flashy.

I came away unimpressed with Willis today.  Yes, he can run around and has a strong arm, but I didn't see anything that impressed me from an instincts or mental aspect.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I came away unimpressed with Willis today.  Yes, he can run around and has a strong arm, but I didn't see anything that impressed me from an instincts or mental aspect.

Yeah, I'm personally not in on Willis myself. He's certainly electric and can be a good playmaker but I have the same problems you have with him.

The way I feel about this QB class is that really I could see any of the top 5 or so guys actually panning out to be worthwhile at the next level. But the problem is they're very all hit or miss and will be dependent on the situation they land in. Lots of intriguing talent and potential but nothing close to surefire.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, I'm personally not in on Willis myself. He's certainly electric and can be a good playmaker but I have the same problems you have with him.

The way I feel about this QB class is that really I could see any of the top 5 or so guys actually panning out to be worthwhile at the next level. But the problem is they're very all hit or miss and will be dependent on the situation they land in. Lots of intriguing talent and potential but nothing close to surefire.

Didn't watch the whole game but the lack of high-level football IQ in the pocket from Willis was really concerning. He's much more raw than guys like Trey Lance or Lamar Jackson were coming out.

Matt Corral is probably going to end up QB1 for me, not because I think he's anything great but because he isn't shooting himself in the d!ck like the other top QBs did this season. Maybe Carson Strong once I get around to watching him.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

51 minutes ago, Blue said:

Didn't watch the whole game but the lack of high-level football IQ in the pocket from Willis was really concerning. He's much more raw than guys like Trey Lance or Lamar Jackson were coming out.

I didn't see a single play from the pocket today that looked to be a Power 5 conference-level passing play.  I wouldn't have expected him to light it up against superior talent, but I expected a few plays where he made multiple reads or made some special throws or something.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I didn't see a single play from the pocket today that looked to be a Power 5 conference-level passing play.  I wouldn't have expected him to light it up against superior talent, but I expected a few plays where he made multiple reads or made some special throws or something.  

Oh yeah, he's a pure talent projection. Guess that still plays in the first round with the QB desperation around the league, but I wouldn't want to be that team drafting him if he has to play Year 1.

• Like 1