What would it take for Jags to trade out of 1st pick and who could do it?

Vladimir L

15 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Herbert had a worse game passing than this against Arizona State in 2019. People need to chill on the Lawrence doubt. 

When you look at the stats, TLaw didnt even play that bad at all. His play wasnt as good as his stats. But his line was getting destroyed. Fields just played lights out.

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

When you look at the stats, TLaw didnt even play that bad at all. His play wasnt as good as his stats. But his line was getting destroyed. Fields just played lights out.

I just think people expect this unstoppable force. Football is a team game and a game of X’s and O’s. The OSU talent surrounding Fields is much more talented than that surrounding Lawrence. Then there is the oline as you mentioned and on top of that the play calling was just bad for Clemson. I’m fully confident Lawrence is going to be a very good QB in the NFL for a long time. 

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

There's only one way I'd trade out of the #1 pick if I am Jacksonville. The trade would have to include an established franchise QB and sufficient draft compensation. Lawrence is a generational QB prospect

Key word. If someone is offering me a proven top 5 qb. I’m taking him, a la Watson. If you wanna gamble and hope to get the second best QB in the game, by all means. I’ll take the proven commodity.

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Herbert had a worse game passing than this against Arizona State in 2019. People need to chill on the Lawrence doubt. 

Agreed.

He was facing a good amount of pressure last night. Didn’t have the hours sitting in the pocket like Fields does. My only concern would be he seemed to have trouble holding onto the ball when facing pressure. I don’t know if that was just a one time thing last night or he’s had some issues with it in past.

• Like 1

The Jags are in a position where it would be stupid to trade out, so you’d have to match with an even stupider option to get them to budge. Maybe 3 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, and a decent player.  

Basically, gouge yourself out of elite prospects for 2-3 drafts. Not worth it....

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy