2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

46 of NFL.com's top 100 FA's are still available. Plenty of players that can still help and the prices get lower the longer you wait. I think the Eagles will get a deal or two

How much cap space do we have? 2 mill? We ain't signing crap. At least not until Ertz gets traded.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

46 of NFL.com's top 100 FA's are still available. Plenty of players that can still help and the prices get lower the longer you wait. I think the Eagles will get a deal or two

I realistically like Jackson, Neal, and Hooker from that list. That's about it really. Few others I'd be okay with.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I'd love Kyle Fuller, but no chance we can afford him.

With a Cox restructure , Lane and a DB New deal we could afford anyone we wanted. If they wanted to do that. Especially with how much cap space we got next year. Just give them a smallish number year 1 and back load the rest. Kind of like 2 of the NE Patriots contracts I think it was them

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

With a Cox restructure , Lane and a DB New deal we could afford anyone we wanted. If they wanted to do that. Especially with how much cap space we got next year. Just give them a smallish number year 1 and back load the rest. Kind of like 2 of the NE Patriots contracts I think it was them

How much space do we have next year? Don't these restructures screw us over for next year?

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How much space do we have next year? Don't these restructures screw us over for next year?

Read somewhere when Wentz got moved it was some crazy number like 50+ million not sure if that's accurate but his contract sure come off the books. The restructures may have put a dent in it. I'm sure someone on here knows the right amount .

Did I just see right on the bottom of ESPN that Watson now has 9 cases open! He's fuuuuuu******ed

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

They didn’t throw all the money to next year I think, my understanding is they were in great shape for next year. That + the huge new TV deals and we’ll be good.

If they wanted a Fuller or anyone else they could make it work now.

McLane also cited a source familiar with the Eagles' thinking who said that "Howie will give up everything he has for Watson", which makes sense considering the Texans' asking price for a Top 7 quarterback entering his prime with multiple years left on his deal will be high. But it does seem to indicate that Roseman's inquiry wasn't just exploratory; this is something where Roseman and the Eagles could go all-out to get it done.”

And now he’s coming at a discount because he likes to get handsy with masseuses? Howie planting all these women to get a 2nd knocked off the asking price is the most diabolical ish I’ve ever seen.