2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I wouldn't care as long as I knew how we'd fix the WR position. If we had WRs worthy I wouldn't care about the picks at all 

We don’t know either way. All our WR are young guys waiting to develop. A potential Chase included. What do we do, draft 100 WRs until we have 3 decent starters? We’d just have to throw money at it if we can’t fix it in the draft. I like our WR right now, don’t love them. Like the TE positon, don’t love it. Like the RB positon, don’t love it. Like the OL, don’t love it. Watson would fix a lot of offensive issues instantly. I’ll worry about everything else after. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

If we give up all the assets it takes to get DeShaun Watson, we'll have literally zero assets left to put talent around him. It'd be futile.

We found a way before, we can do it again. If you don’t have an elite QB, you have to have some kind of elite unit to dominate the league. I’m not seeing anything elite on the Eagles. If Watson’s available, give me Watson. 

I don’t get the logic of; “I don’t want Watson because we’d have to trade a lot of draft stock to get him.” Well...right. What draft picks could we trade that would equal the impact of an elite QB? I know this is a dumb exercise but 6, Barnett, Dillard and Reagor for Watson. Who would ever say no? Granted I have hindsight but let’s be real. Take the 4 best Eagles right now and I still do the trade. Trading away potentially good players for a great one now is good for me. The finances are another story. Could we compete with a big salary QB? Maybe, I dunno. But I’d rather have the elite QB than have to keep firing off 1sts to find him. Or worse yet, draft a kid in the top 3 that stinks and be forced to build around him for 4 years. Watsons a sure thing now. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We don’t know either way. All our WR are young guys waiting to develop. A potential Chase included. What do we do, draft 100 WRs until we have 3 decent starters? We’d just have to throw money at it if we can’t fix it in the draft. I like our WR right now, don’t love them. Like the TE positon, don’t love it. Like the RB positon, don’t love it. Like the OL, don’t love it. Watson would fix a lot of offensive issues instantly. I’ll worry about everything else after. 

I like our WRs but not without #6 in the draft adding to it. We'd have to give that up for Watson though 

28 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I like our WRs but not without #6 in the draft adding to it. We'd have to give that up for Watson though 

There’s nothing in my mind that would stop me from getting Watson because of the 6th pick. That’s the make or break? Nah, bro. We do that deal every time. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s nothing in my mind that would stop me from getting Watson because of the 6th pick. That’s the make or break? Nah, bro. We do that deal every time. 

A potential Chase included. Watson would fix a lot of offensive issues instantly. I’ll worry about everything else after. 

I'm not saying no. Was saying about your post above. You said about adding chase above that quote. It's one or the other. I'm down for Watson. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Come on.....we are all most smart enough here to know that Watson thing is 0.0% of happening

For anything near 3 firsts, additional picks and players... They can keep him and the dead weight from his contract. AND I was (am still) all for trading him if we can get a decent deal.

Go Birds,

MC

Edited by Mastercheddaar