2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Kelce, Wentz and Ertz were hanging around the stadium last night like none of them will be back next year.

Yeah unless Doug is getting the axe, i think none will be back.
Ertz being traded is a necessity with the cap, Kelce has been back and forth on retiring for years....don't think he's gonna want to come back for a rebuild.

8 minutes ago, AustrianEagle said:

thank god its over! i wonder how we get out of cap hell... are we favorite for the first pick 2022?

Fire sale, cuts and reworking some deals (can't do it a ton...that's how we got into this mess) 
We are gonna be a bad team next year, so solid chance

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I really think we’re going to stick with Wentz and maybe try to trade hurts. Who has higher value? 

I think Hurts has higher value because his "upside" and has a second round rookie contract which is like 600k/yr or something that low

3 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

What is Wentz then? A poor Derek Carr?

No, Wentz is Wentz. When you don't have an O-Line, WRs getting 0 Seperation, and Doug refusing to run the ball what do you expect. 

Hurts is a running QB, as soon as he was spied the last 2 games, HE WAS SHUT DOWN TOTALLY and all the same issues Wentz was dealing with being a pocket QB, Hurts did even WORST with having to stay in the pocket. 

15 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No, Wentz is Wentz. When you don't have an O-Line, WRs getting 0 Seperation, and Doug refusing to run the ball what do you expect. 

Hurts is a running QB, as soon as he was spied the last 2 games, HE WAS SHUT DOWN TOTALLY and all the same issues Wentz was dealing with being a pocket QB, Hurts did even WORST with having to stay in the pocket. 

Hurts had 410 yards against the Cowboys. Wentz had 140 against that same putrid defense. If Hurts was shut down then what would that make Wentz? Also the 0 separation excuse doesn't play as much anymore after we've seen Hurts hit a lot of open guys the last 4 games.

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Hurts had 410 yards against the Cowboys. Wentz had 140 against that same putrid defense. If Hurts was shut down then what would that make Wentz? Also the 0 separation excuse doesn't play as much anymore after we've seen Hurts hit a lot of open guys the last 4 games.

This is just confirmation bias.

Wentz had 270 yards against Washington, Hurts had 72.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Let's get a new coaching staff in here to actually coach Wentz.

Wentz just has a lot to overcome to even be a good QB again, let alone a franchise QB. I don't think Wentz ever gets back to being a franchise QB and therefore, IMO it is best to move on from him. One, he has declined physically, he is not the same QB. He is a complete mental case right now so that is another pretty big obstacle. His mechanics have gotten progressively worse each year and are really bad right now. He'd have to completely overhaul his mechanics to start being consistently accurate. There are just a lot of speed bumps in his path. This is just issues we can see on the field and doesn't take into account the locker room issues, him refusing to run the offense issues, etc.