2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

100% can't complain when it's a steal of a deal

I'm not even a huge fan of Juju but he is solid and would definitely help the development of Hurts. Not to mention he is super young and has room to grow. Because of his age he could still be around when the team is ready to compete. Oh well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Rumbles of eagles being 1 of 5 teams calling the browns about obj. If this catches fire it shows their at least trying to upgrade

I have to think if something like this happens then that takes them out of the running for WR in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I have to think if something like this happens then that takes them out of the running for WR in the 1st round. 

If Chase is sitting there they might just take him, but it makes it a little less likely they’d go Smith of Waddle even if they trade down from 6.

If they moved their 2nd for OBJ and we got Pitts, now that’d be a helluva offense. For either Jalen or someone else next year.

I worry though with them looking for another weapon outside the draft that we are gonna take a QB at 6.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Rumbles of eagles being 1 of 5 teams calling the browns about obj. If this catches fire it shows their at least trying to upgrade

If anything it would be hilarious to see my friend (Eagles fan) have to backtrack on his "OBJ is trash" comments from when the Browns traded for him.  

Go Birds

MC

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

If it was slightly more than 8M a year then I would've been more than fine with that. Heck, Agholor got more than that. 

Any starter capable WR gives Howie reason to take Kwity Paye or Azeez Ojulari over Chase/Pitts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I never thought we had a chance but let's play fantasy world we could of loaded up some next year around him with our then cap space and first tried to hit a few late round picks of whatever was left over after the trade

Football teams are turned around in an offseason nowadays. We’re going eat crap this year anyway. Get yourself a sure fire franchise QB and build around him. Cap will free up and younger guys will develop with Watson. 

• Like 1

Schuster turned down more money with the Ravens. I don’t buy all the Pitts loyalty crap. He had a down year, he’s playing on a prove it deal in hopes to ball out. Eagles probably low balled him. Don’t like him anyway. Glad he’s not coming. 

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If Chase is sitting there they might just take him, but it makes it a little less likely they’d go Smith of Waddle even if they trade down from 6.

If they moved their 2nd for OBJ and we got Pitts, now that’d be a helluva offense. For either Jalen or someone else next year.

I worry though with them looking for another weapon outside the draft that we are gonna take a QB at 6.

I'd dance forever we get obj and chase. The eagles never draft, trade or sign the guys I like a lot so I'll try not to get my hopes up. In like 20+ years following the eagles religiously I think we've signed like 2 guys I really really wanted, maybe another 2 draft and 1 trade. Talking like top guys or first/second round

46 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Interesting... so there is a legitimate chance we’re not looking at WR in R1?

I’m so glad tiktok boy is not an Eagle.

Possible. Having just drafted a WR in the 1st last year they might not be keen to do it again when there are other needs. WRs can be found on day 2. But we shall see.

8 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I hope this means we're gonna draft Patrick Surtain or trade back

Shh...you aren’t allowed to like Surtain.

(I wouldn’t take him at 6, but if we trade back I’d like him a lot for this defense)

• Like 1