2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Sad to see him gone, he’s been a staple of this team for a long time but this is the right move. Greenard is showing some flashes and could be a long term answer. 

I smell a Stephon Gilmore-like move.... somebody should be willing to give a 6th / 7th for Merc

3 hours ago, tab said:

Happy for Merc, but this should have been done in March. Just chalk this up as another short sighted move by Caserio — it never made sense to push more dead money into the future instead of just taking the majority of the cap hit this year on him when the team was never going to compete / need the cap space to sign a difference maker. 

• Like 3

The only way I can really justify this is by thinking we're all aboard the tankathon and no longer disguising it. If that's the case, let's take it for what it is and start Mills the rest of the way and play nothing but young players like Greenard, Nic Collins, etc. Especially with Mills, I want to go into the offseason having a clear idea if he's the guy or not. Give him more starts than he got his entire college career and let's see what happens. We got our 1 win so we won't be a winless debacle, but clear the decks and see what all the young guys have. 

Since we're cleaning house and going with a youth movement.... i have some suggestions:

Sign QB Jamie Newman (SFA) - cut QB Jeff Driskell

Sign RB Antonio Williams (BUF) (PS) – cut RB Rex Burkhead

Give Scottie Phillips a shot

Trade Lindsay - if possible

Sign KR / PR / WR Vyncint Smith (NYJ) (PS) – cut WR Davion Davis or even give Jalen Camp some burn

Sign T Rod Johnson (MIA) (PS) – Marcus Cannon to IR

Sign G Keaton Sutherland (CIN) (PS) or  G/T Willie Wright (SFA) – cut WR Andre Roberts  partially done

Sign CB Gareon Conley (SFA) - trade Vernon Hargreaves if possible

Sign CB Isaiah Johnson (DAL) (PS) – cut CB Tremon Smith

Sign S Tyler Coyle (DAL) (PS) – S Terrence Brooks to IR

Sign SS Jordan Lucas (IND) (PS) - cut SS Eric Murray

We should have been targeting young / inexperienced, but talented players from the jump and not aging vets looking for 1 last paycheck who said kind words about the Easterbunny

Edited by jch1911