2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

Can you guys let me know how Moreland does with you this year? He went to my alma mater and I was ecstatic that we drafted him. Still pissed we cut him loose at the end of camp. Makes no sense to me to keep Roberts or Apke over him. 

But if he can adjust this late to your defense, calls, etc... I think you'll love this guy. 

• Coverage is great. By some metrics he was the 3rd rated slot corner last year
  • Sniffs out screens like a shark sniffs out a drop of blood a mile away
  • Willing tackler.

His only downside is that he is shorter than you'd normally want a CB to be. But he has fantastic hands and had 18 INTs in his college career (6 were returned for TDs) so he has great hands too.

I'll try to watch as many Texans games as I can as he is now my favorite non-WFT player.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I know he’s been bad, but we have to take a flyer on Jaylon Smith, right?

I see Stephon Gilmore as the name to monitor... for obvious reasons.

Would be one of the few times #PatriotsSouth worked out.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

when you alluded to that a few weeks ago i was thinking "give him time".  You might be on to something now.

I get choices like Holloman and Findley were dart throws, Izzo was a calculated risk given his draft pedigree and Lawson was a swap from a guy already on his way out - but a 5th round pick is nothing to sneeze at, we're starting to encroach into picks that will eventually turn into guys who have a good chance at making the roster for a while.

This free-wheeling GMing only works when you hit on something. As of now, Caserio has a no-hitter going.

• Like 2

idk how you see our WR room right now and think Antmill cant help us there. i know he was kind of a cancer on the bears so maybe he wanted out? but like i had low expectations this year and im still like.

i have so much hate for this FO bubbling just under the surface lol, they better stop running the ball into a pile of guys i swear to god

Edited by tab

1 hour ago, tab said:

i have so much hate for this FO bubbling just under the surface lol, they better stop running the ball into a pile of guys i swear to god

I'm steadily coming to terms with the fact that this is the start of the Detroit Lions phase - where the Texans become largely irrelevant for several decades, the laughing stock of the entire NFL. The "Forever 8-8" days of the Kubiak era and the "9-7, Division champs, Brian" of the O'Brien era will seem like the golden age of this franchise for a very long time, IMO. I see several years of 10+ loss seasons (guess you can make a claim it started last year).

The Texans are in the start of a rebuild... with three people who don't know how to rebuild, a coach who doesn't know how to coach and a franchise QB that can't be traded because he can't keep his hands to himself. The best player on the team can't do 50% of his job with run blocking, the next best player is getting 20 targets a game and the best player on defense is in a contract year and will probably not return next season.

These are dark, dark days in Houston for the Texans. I really don't know how you can say otherwise.

*shrug* Go Astros!

• Like 1

I will say this, my sis who has season tickets can’t even sell her tickets online for less than she paid for them (she’s mostly been gifting them to friends and family right now. I had hoped for a few competitive games to help her out) and I just really hope the fans stop showing up and spending money. It seems like the apathy and anger is real when it comes to ticket sales at least

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tab said:

I will say this, my sis who has season tickets can’t even sell her tickets online for less than she paid for them (she’s mostly been gifting them to friends and family right now. I had hoped for a few competitive games to help her out) and I just really hope the fans stop showing up and spending money. It seems like the apathy and anger is real when it comes to ticket sales at least

it was bad when i went to the game vs the Panthers.  Only reason I went was because I was off the next day and someone gave me free tickets and a parking pass.  Hopefully its bad again vs the Patriots Sunday.

• Like 1

So, I just saw a meme of Vince Young (formerly known as Titans QB on this forum) with the captionHouston Texans, I am on Hiram Clarke if y'all need me...

I get it - funny meme, haha, we're all laughing - but there's a part of me that thinks "well, he can't be WORSE than Davis Mills..."

That's how bad the QB situation is - pretty much every college QB that people fanboy-ed for over this decade (VY, Johnny Football, Colt McCoy, Case Keenum, RG3) could probably come in RIGHT NOW and do what Davis Mills did on Sunday.

That's how bad it was.

• Like 1