Biggs: Pace on shaky ground

WindyCity

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I never said that. Your putting words in my mouth. 

You said you wanted a clean slate for a new GM in 2022.

I think most of us understood that as not allowing the current regime to spend a bunch of 2022 cap space. You said the new GM would have more resources available, does that not include cap space?

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Or he goes out and signs good players that will only help in the future.  You see how this "what if" game goes? 

That's not the point I'm making.

You're talking about the upside of keeping Pace - that if he's fired in 2022, the new regime will have a clean cap situation. That almost certainly won't be the case, because Pace will make moves to alter the 2022 cap situation.

The only discussion to be had is if you're confident in the trajectory of this team and Pace's ability to fix it. A clean cap in 2022 is not part of the "Keep Ryan Pace" plan.

Just now, WindyCity said:

You said you wanted a clean slate for a new GM in 2022.

I think most of us understood that as not allowing the current regime to spend a bunch of 2022 cap space. You said the new GM would have more resources available, does that not include cap space?

2021 is going to be limited. Which means the damage that can be done is also limited and will have little effect on 2022. The new regime will still have a plethora of resources to work with.  

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

The only discussion to be had is if you're confident in the trajectory of this team and Pace's ability to fix it. A clean cap in 2022 is not part of the "Keep Ryan Pace" plan.

As I've said, we have solid pieces put in place. If Pace/Nagy can't make it work in 2021 then their gone. Which also means we probably finish with a high pick and a ton of cap space for the new regime. 

Let them live or die on their beds.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The players loved Marquise Williams so much that they went to the coaching staff lobbying for Trubusky to start his sophomore year.  The players didnt love Marquise, the coaching staff (who was gone after that year) loved Marquise.  Let's not make things up, you can criticize a player or pick w/o doing that.  There were no questions about any of Tru's intangibles, there still arent.  I love when people try to use revisionist history to justify their current opinions.  Dude was the consensus best QB in the draft for a reason.  It didn't turn out that way, but it's not because Pace made some outlandish move.  

I dont know about this story....you know the NC in my name stands for North Carolina right?? Haha

I also doubt the validity of him being a consensus top QB.

Im somebody who plays devils advocate all the time but it was just a plain bad pick. And how can you say his intangibles have never been in question?? Intangibles are his MAIN QUESTION!!

If anything I think you meant his TANGIBLES arent in question(arm strength, athleticism, speed, strong/durable).....his intangibles are the problem

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

As I've said, we have solid pieces put in place. If Pace/Nagy can't make it work in 2021 then their gone. Which also means we probably finish with a high pick and a ton of cap space for the new regime. 

Let them live or die on their beds.

No, it doesn't. This year is a perfect example of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

I dont know about this story....you know the NC in my name stands for North Carolina right?? Haha

I also doubt the validity of him being a consensus top QB.

Im somebody who plays devils advocate all the time but it was just a plain bad pick. And how can you say his intangibles have never been in question?? Intangibles are his MAIN QUESTION!!

If anything I think you meant his TANGIBLES arent in question(arm strength, athleticism, speed, strong/durable).....his intangibles are the problem

What intangibles are in question?  He loves football, his teammates love him.  He has never had a bad word uttered about him off the field.  Being able to throw the ball accurately down the field is not an intangible.

14 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

2021 is going to be limited. Which means the damage that can be done is also limited and will have little effect on 2022. The new regime will still have a plethora of resources to work with.  

2021 is only limited if you tell Pace he cannot move money into 2022.

2020 was suppose to be limited and we handed out 60 million in guaranteed money? Why, because we put a ton of money into 2021 and 2022.

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

Would you say Pace/Nagy made it work this season? I certainly wouldn't.

And yet there's no top 10 pick and there's no salary cap relief in sight this offseason.

Comparing the salary cap in 2020 to 2022 is wrong on so many levels. 

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What intangibles are in question?  He loves football, his teammates love him.  He has never had a bad word uttered about him off the field.  Being able to throw the ball accurately down the field is not an intangible.

Decision making, leadership, accountability(although he fixed that a bit this year), ability to elevate his teammates, and accuracy(which can fall under tangible but I think is mental)

And guys were riding with Foles pretty easily...I dont know if they "love" him......its exactly what I said about UNC, basically everyone is just like "yeah he is a good dude"

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

2020 we had limited cap space.

Pace spent a ton of money by dumping money into 2021 and 2022.

What is stopping him from doing the same thing in 2021?

We did not have limited cap space in 2020 and he did not dump a bunch of money into 2022 as I've already shown. 

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Comparing the salary cap in 2020 to 2022 is wrong on so many levels. 

It's a comparison between 2021 and 2022.

And it's not wrong. GMs know that the cap will eventually return. The contracts will be structured accordingly. And Pace will be able to push larger cap hits onto 2022. In fact, he already has.