Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card

RamRod

59 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Jimmy won a playoff game last year vs GB throwing the ball 8x.

We have hope. We have a plan of attack and Kupp/Donald SHOULD play. 

Fair point but that Packers offense and this one are two completely different offenses. 

this one is much more efficient. We need to double Davante and force Rodgers to beat us with someone else. 

I’d honestly be scared to put Ramsey on him because Jalen sometimes goes for the pick and a crisp and precise route runner like Davante needs that one mistake and that can end up being the difference in the game 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

I’d honestly be scared to put Ramsey on him because Jalen sometimes goes for the pick and a crisp and precise route runner like Davante needs that one mistake and that can end up being the difference in the game 

If Ramsey hasnt gained your trust this year, I’m not sure anyone could

ita going to be a battle, but you have to let Jalen do his thing and scheme the rest of the D to Shut down Tonyan and the Running game 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If Ramsey hasnt gained your trust this year, I’m not sure anyone could

ita going to be a battle, but you have to let Jalen do his thing and scheme the rest of the D to Shut down Tonyan and the Running game 

Of course he’s gained my trust. Doesn’t mean he’s perfect. Nobody is. I pointed out some of his tendencies. They’res some WR you can’t do that to

Edited by rocky_rams

53 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Of course he’s gained my trust. Doesn’t mean he’s perfect. Nobody is. I pointed out some of his tendencies. They’res some WR you can’t do that to

Ramsey has shutdown Hopkins twice and Metcalf three times. He has shutdown Diggs, Cooper, and Evans. Last season he barely got a cup of coffee and did a great job against Julio. So all those top tier receivers he shutdown and FINALLY Adams is going to be the one to get the best of him for most of the game? I’m not buying it. I guess if you say Adams can sneak a big catch or two then yes. But overall Ramsey is going to do Adams like he has done to every top notch receiver this year and thats take that receiver out of the game. If ARod want to go his way feel free but even for the great ARod he will be playing with fire in the cold Green Bay weather lol. 

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Jalen adjusts to his opponents. He has put DeAndre Hopkins on lock, and Adams is the same type of WR as Hopkins. 

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Jalen adjusts to his opponents. He has put DeAndre Hopkins on lock, and Adams is the same type of WR as Hopkins. 

No he isn't? D Hop could never dream of running routes like Adams. Adams is a finesse player who can play big. Hopkins is a physical receiver period

4 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

No he isn't? D Hop could never dream of running routes like Adams. Adams is a finesse player who can play big. Hopkins is a physical receiver period

Hopkins is a great route runner. But if you'd prefer, we can use Stefon Diggs as a comparison. Ramsey put him on lock too. I'm not worried about that matchup. We have the best CB in the NFL, and he can match Adams in every respect (size, athleticism, physicality, skill, etc.).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hopkins is a great route runner. But if you'd prefer, we can use Stefon Diggs as a comparison. Ramsey put him on lock too. I'm not worried about that matchup. We have the best CB in the NFL, and he can match Adams in every respect (size, athleticism, physicality, skill, etc.).

I have no problem with you saying that about Ramsey. He's a baller. But for you to say they're the same type of receiver is pretty outlandish. Makes me think you don't actually watch them play. And to say he's a great route runner. He's not that great of a route runner. He's definitely good. But I wouldn't say he's great. He's no Adams, Diggs, Allen, etc. What makes Hopkins so great as a receiver is his hands and ability to make contested catches. Not to say he doesn't also get open. He does. But not like Adams

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Fair point but that Packers offense and this one are two completely different offenses. 

this one is much more efficient. We need to double Davante and force Rodgers to beat us with someone else. 

Having Jalen Ramsey means you double no one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rthom348 said:

I have no problem with you saying that about Ramsey. He's a baller. But for you to say they're the same type of receiver is pretty outlandish. Makes me think you don't actually watch them play. And to say he's a great route runner. He's not that great of a route runner. He's definitely good. But I wouldn't say he's great. He's no Adams, Diggs, Allen, etc. What makes Hopkins so great as a receiver is his hands and ability to make contested catches. Not to say he doesn't also get open. He does. But not like Adams

Okay, dude, go away.

1 hour ago, rthom348 said:

My bad, Stephen A.

You're claiming arguably the best WR in the NFL (DeAndre Hopkins), a guy who is 6'1" and has nothing special straight-line speed, isn't a great route runner and trying to tell me that I've never seen two long-time NFL veterans play, to boot. Normally, I'd go around in circles with you if this were NFL Gen or NFL Comparisons, but I'm not interested in a pizzing contest in the Rams-Seahawks game thread in our sub-forum over something like this. Have a nice day.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

7 hours ago, rthom348 said:

Ramsey is  a great CB and has the ability to shut down any WR, but how is Adams the same type of WR as Hopkins? I don't know if anyone is the same type of WR as Adams right now. That's not to say he's the best by any large margin or anything like that. But his style/route running is pretty unique.

Also, Rodgers isn't the same type of QB as Murray ;)

Edited by Arthur Penske