Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card

RamRod

16 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Well Mcvay made the right call. Goff clearly wasn't 100% and he gave it to Wolford, who looked good once he settled in. 

That being said, Goff is a ******* man. Dude's thumb was swollen as hell and he managed to do what he needed to do to get the win without turning it over. Really wish people understood that you could still prefer Wolford without trashing Goff, because he doesn't deserve it. 

Playcalling was really good today too. I didn't like sneaking it with Goff at the end (even though I'm usually a huge fan of it), but Mcvay got the run game going and a strong run game paired with our defense is the way to win,. 

Kupp's injury scares me, but hopefully AD will be good to go for next week because we'll need him. 

I think sadly the narrative on Goff was set really during Hard Knocks his rookie season. No matter what he does he will never get the credit he deserves. I dont care at this point. The Rams continue to show they can win with Goff. 

Im glad that Wolford is ok. He did start to look good once settled in. I thought the Rams was going to score the td had he not gotten hurt on that drive. So again it showed me the Rams found their backup QB moving forward. We can put to rest that question of who will be the Rams backup QB to Goff? His name is Wolford. 

Im ok with the QB sneak because Goff is a tough dude and he gets the sneak more times than not. It just didnt work this time.

I hope Kupp will be ok. Donald wont miss next weeks game trust me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No doubt. I quickly understood why McVay was hesitant to play Goff. Am still surprised Bortles wasn't available. But Goff toughed it out and made the throws that mattered. Darious Williams picking that screen was insane. I've never seen somebody house a screen like that. Defense played out of its mind as always. Wolford did look really good on that second drive (other than the Woods miss). I felt for him. Agreed on play-calling. Great all around team game.

Yeah, I'm really confused why Bortles wasn't active. You got Wolf who runs a lot and Goff who could reinjure his thumb on any paly (and it was super swollen as it was). I can't imagine having to put our punter back there in a playoff game. 

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Celebration GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Had to put the laptop down at halftime, but man what a rollercoaster. This is the best defense I've ever seen in a Rams uniform. At 31 years old I never saw the fearsome foursome, but this has to be pretty damn close.

I gave Jared Goff ALOT of $hit this past week, but he truly toughed it out and played mistake free football. He certainly didn't look himself, but he got the job done. I hope Wolford can come back next week cause he looked good in 2 series, but Goff has my respect and support the rest of the way.

Hats off to Cam Akers for literally and figuratively carrying this team today. Morgan Fox, Sebastian Joseph Day, obviously Darious Williams deserve credit as unsung heroes of this defense. I'm starting to believe Leonard Floyd is not just a product of Aaron Donald like Fowler was. He is much better than Fowler. Having two first team All Pro's on your defense, especially in the playoffs, really stands out on screen. Ramsey was worth every penny and then some.

I hope Kupp and Donald can play next week, but we're playing with house money at this point. No one should want to play us.

Go Rams.

Man how did I forget to shoutout Akers. Kid is a stud already. 

17 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think sadly the narrative on Goff was set really during Hard Knocks his rookie season. No matter what he does he will never get the credit he deserves. I dont care at this point. The Rams continue to show they can win with Goff. 

Im glad that Wolford is ok. He did start to look good once settled in. I thought the Rams was going to score the td had he not gotten hurt on that drive. So again it showed me the Rams found their backup QB moving forward. We can put to rest that question of who will be the Rams backup QB to Goff? His name is Wolford. 

Im ok with the QB sneak because Goff is a tough dude and he gets the sneak more times than not. It just didnt work this time.

I hope Kupp will be ok. Donald wont miss next weeks game trust me. 

Yeah I agree that the narrative on Goff was already decided. Even aside of hard knocks, people outside of LA were always going to hate the blond, pretty boy, born and raised in Cali, which is ironic because he's just a tough, quiet kid. I'll always call it how I see it from a football aspect, but I'll also always be a fan for how he carries himself as a man. 

Hearing that Wolf made it back to celebrate with the team is awesome. I definitely felt for him having to leave as soon as he got going. I still don't think he's a full time starter, but I would be ecstatic to have him as our backup for a long time. 

Edited by JonStark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Such a bittersweet win until I know the extent of the injuries. But very happy for an extra week of Staley not interviewing.

That's a good point. Let's hope all these teams want to get their vacancies locked up soon and this forces them to look elsewhere.

I'm just going to put this out there. Seattle has beaten us three times during the McVay era. They won 16-10 in 2017. They won 30-29 in 2019. They won 20-9 this year. Here's what we did the next time we faced them:
2017: 42-7 W
2019: 28-12 W
2020: 30-20 W (was 30-13 before garbage time)

It suffices to say that McVay really doesn't like losing to Pete lol.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm just going to put this out there. Seattle has beaten us three times during the McVay era. They won 16-10 in 2017. They won 30-29 in 2019. They won 20-9 this year. Here's what we did the next time we faced them:
2017: 42-7 W
2019: 28-12 W
2020: 30-20 W (was 30-13 before garbage time)

It suffices to say that McVay really doesn't like losing to Pete lol.

Wish he felt the same about K Shanahan

• Like 4

Anyone want to guess what the opening line will be next week? Kupp looks like he's playing. I think regardless of Wolford's injury, McVay has to roll with Goff. (I personally wouldn't, but Goff earned it after today). Donald came back to the side line with helmet on and I think would of been in if the game got to one score, so let's say he plays.

Rams +6.5 opening line would be my guess. O/U 46.5 

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Anyone want to guess what the opening line will be next week? Kupp looks like he's playing. I think regardless of Wolford's injury, McVay has to roll with Goff. (I personally wouldn't, but Goff earned it after today). Donald came back to the side line with helmet on and I think would of been in if the game got to one score, so let's say he plays.

Rams +6.5 opening line would be my guess. O/U 46.5 

It'll depend on Goff's thumb. If it's like it was today, Wolford should start if his neck is okay.

• Like 1