Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card

RamRod

3 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Some put him in the top 5. In that aspect, he's highly overrated. I wouldn't even put him in top 10 to be honest. 

Totally respect your opinion but I’m actually a bit surprised to see there are so many people not too high on him. He’s been hurt the last few seasons and has missed games but IMO has proven to be an elite receiver.. especially when it comes to being a route runner  and even more so with that release.  He does have an occasional drop but I think he’s deadly because him and Rodgers seem to be on the same page so often. It’s like they can read each others minds mid play. Crazy teams know it’s going to him and still can’t stop it. All that said, I guess I can at least understand why people arent crazy about him. I’m a fan for sure 

Packer fan here.  Sorry.

Regarding Adams.  He's elite and pretty unique.  It's that short area quickness with him.  Maybe Diggs is the best comp out there, but Vante is better in short spaces.  Diggs is better in longer spaces.  If that makes any sense.

I don't think that Ramsey has faced someone like 'Vante.  And really, vice versa.  The closest Adams has had to that is probably in practice against Alexander.

I kind of expect that 1:1 to be a draw.  Ramsey is gonna get his, so is Adams.

Agree that GB will need to find another weapon.

To me, this is an Aaron Jones game.  Little bit of running.  A lot of receiving.  GB will sprinkle in a little bit of action to the other guys, but really Jones is the one I'd keep a close eye on.

And I hope you get a big dose of Dillon at RB.

On your side, it has been outlined how to beat the Packers.

• Run early, run often.  Take it till it isn't there anymore.
  • Pass is short early and often.  Take it till it isn't there anymore.
    • These keep #12 off of the field for 7-9 minutes when done right.
  • Score TD's, not FGs.
  • When you need a bigger play, motion a WR to the slot, run him across the field and 15 yards deep.  Always a hole there.
  • Block Kenny, block Z.  
  • Don't get cute and test Alexander often.  He has a nose for the ball.

Looking forward to this great game!  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Packer fan here.  Sorry.

Regarding Adams.  He's elite and pretty unique.  It's that short area quickness with him.  Maybe Diggs is the best comp out there, but Vante is better in short spaces.  Diggs is better in longer spaces.  If that makes any sense.

I don't think that Ramsey has faced someone like 'Vante.  And really, vice versa.  The closest Adams has had to that is probably in practice against Alexander.

To me, this is an Aaron Jones game.  Little bit of running.  A lot of receiving.  GB will sprinkle in a little bit of action to the other guys, but really Jones is the one I'd keep a close eye on.

Almost exactly the same thought I posted not long ago. Really looking forward to this one as well. Honestly, I do wish Goff was at 100% (obviously) because this is the matchup I’ve wanted to see all year. It definitely seems like mostly everyone is basically guaranteeing a pretty convincing packer win. I’ve thought all year that the teams match up pretty well in favor of the Rams. In my opinion, if this defense is truly what we all here think it is, it comes down to the Rams offense not having a meltdown for 2-3 quarters.. which happens a bit too often. I 100% understand why most people expect a big win from the packers, and its fair to think so..but I do expect the rams to win if that defense can do what they’ve been doing. Can’t wait! Hope no injuries and best of luck to whoever gets through 

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Packer fan here.  Sorry.

I mean no offense, but I think y'all are overrating Adams a tad. He's a possession WR who wins with route running and in the air (like Hopkins). He's more twitched up than a guy like Hopkins, while Hopkins is more physical. Ultimately, I'd call Hopkins a better WR.

Adams is great, but he's not a unique, unheard of type talent. Ramsey has faced D.K., Diggs, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, and McLaurin this year, and he has limited all of them. I agree with you that Adams will make a few catches. We don't have Ramsey locked on the opposing #1 WR on all plays. But when Ramsey is on him, it'll be tough sledding. Ramsey's size, physicality, and speed are going to make it really tough on Adams to separate, unless the refs decide to crack down on the DBs in this game.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Packer fan here.  Sorry.

On your side, it has been outlined how to beat the Packers.

• Run early, run often.  Take it till it isn't there anymore.
  • Pass is short early and often.  Take it till it isn't there anymore.
    • These keep #12 off of the field for 7-9 minutes when done right.
  • Score TD's, not FGs.
  • When you need a bigger play, motion a WR to the slot, run him across the field and 15 yards deep.  Always a hole there.
  • Block Kenny, block Z.  
  • Don't get cute and test Alexander often.  He has a nose for the ball.

Looking forward to this great game!  

Welcome to our forum. It should be a very interesting game. For me if the Rams win then I get what I want which is for them to at least make it to the NFCCG. If the Packers win then Im extremely more confident they will get to the Superbowl like I predicted before the season started.

Now I think Adams is definitely legit. Whomever said he was overrated I dont know what they see other than ARod makes receivers in general look good. Same can be said about Brees making receivers look good but that doesnt mean Thomas isnt legit in his own right. Adams is having his best year and Ramsey is having his best year. What I think is going to give the edge though to Ramsey is this is playoff football. Its physical and there are little to no flags being thrown for holding or DPI. I remember the days when the Colts would play the Patriots and the Patriots defensive backs would literally mug Harrison and Wayne of the Colts and the refs didnt throw the flag. It ruined Peyton and that offense alot. If the refs let alot of things go, I expect Ramsey and the Rams defensive backs to truly get physical and it will be advantage Rams when ARod is throwing the ball.

Interesting you say keep ARod off the field. Both teams are great at possessing the ball. Packers are 1st in the NFL in TOP and the Rams are 2nd. Both teams average over 32 minutes per game of ball control so if there is any team that can have ARod watching from the sidelines its the Rams. The key is like you said TDs and not FGs. This game is going to be huge for Cam Akers. I truly believe he can do to the Packers what Mostert did to them in the playoffs last season. I think Akers can do to the Packers what RoJo and Taylor did to the Packers this season. McVay is extremely creative so he will have a game plan to try to exploit the Packers weakness but in the end its going to come down to who is physical on the line. If the Rams are the more dominant team on the OL and DL I think they win. If they arent then the Packers will win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I mean no offense, but I think y'all are overrating Adams a tad. He's a possession WR who wins with route running and in the air (like Hopkins). He's more twitched up than a guy like Hopkins, while Hopkins is more physical. Ultimately, I'd call Hopkins a better WR.

Adams is great, but he's not a unique, unheard of type talent. Ramsey has faced D.K., Diggs, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, and McLaurin this year, and he has limited all of them. I agree with you that Adams will make a few catches. We don't have Ramsey locked on the opposing #1 WR on all plays. But when Ramsey is on him, it'll be tough sledding. Ramsey's size, physicality, and speed are going to make it really tough on Adams to separate, unless the refs decide to crack down on the DBs in this game.

I get your point but Adams is lethal because he’s such an elite and disciplined route runner and those WRs are usually the most consistent. More importantly he has the most accurate QB of all time throwing to him. So I’d be lying if I said it’s not my top concern, even with Ramsey 

Although we’ve seen Ramsey doing well with great physical wrs, it’s because Ramsey himself is very physical.  

I’m excited to see how Ramsey matches up with Adams. If he shuts him down, there is no question of who the best DB is of this era. 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

I get your point but Adams is lethal because he’s such an elite and disciplined route runner and those WRs are usually the most consistent. More importantly he has the most accurate QB of all time throwing to him. So I’d be lying if I said it’s not my top concern, even with Ramsey 

Although we’ve seen Ramsey doing well with great physical wrs, it’s because Ramsey himself is very physical.  

I’m excited to see how Ramsey matches up with Adams. If he shuts him down, there is no question of who the best DB is of this era. 

Ramsey is going to be all over him. If Rodgers can work it in there, props to him. I consider Diggs to be a tougher route runner to cover, and Ramsey held him in check.

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Haven't watched much Rams this year so a few questions - if you don't mind - and obviously anyone can answer.

Will the Rams follow Ramsey with Davante in the slot? If so, who plays outside in that alignment.

Does Ramsey press often? Because I can't think of anyone ever getting a good shot on Adams with his hop release at the line. That is what makes him unique. No other receiver in the league uses it as well and as consistently. Everything else is honestly a wash with other elite WRs but the hop release is special.

3 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Haven't watched much Rams this year so a few questions - if you don't mind - and obviously anyone can answer.

Will the Rams follow Ramsey with Davante in the slot? If so, who plays outside in that alignment.

Does Ramsey press often? Because I can't think of anyone ever getting a good shot on Adams with his hop release at the line. That is what makes him unique. No other receiver in the league uses it as well and as consistently. Everything else is honestly a wash with other elite WRs but the hop release is special.

Rams fans who said Adams is overrated or Jalen will shut down Adams makes me laugh. But in this forum i'm not surprised, there are the same people that support Goff. 

But i agree, Ramsey won't cover Davante the entire game and Lafleur will find a way to free Davante from Ramsey in putting him all over the field. 

Even if Williams, Hill are good, i don't think they are gonna shut down Adams. 

The only thing that can stop Adams, is our Dline putting pressure on Rodgers quickly. That's the only thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

Rams fans who said Adams is overrated or Jalen will shut down Adams makes me laugh. But in this forum i'm not surprised, there are the same people that support Goff. 

But i agree, Ramsey won't cover Davante the entire game and Lafleur will find a way to free Davante from Ramsey in putting him all over the field. 

Even if Williams, Hill are good, i don't think they are gonna shut down Adams. 

The only thing that can stop Adams, is our Dline putting pressure on Rodgers quickly. That's the only thing.

I actually agree with this, just in a less pretentious way. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Ramsey's size, physicality, and speed are going to make it really tough on Adams to separate, unless the refs decide to crack down on the DBs in this game.

THIS worries me.

He's been flagged a few times for being physical in coverage. If the refs decide they're going to crack down and over officiate this type of behavior, we're done. 

17 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Almost exactly the same thought I posted not long ago. Really looking forward to this one as well. Honestly, I do wish Goff was at 100% (obviously) because this is the matchup I’ve wanted to see all year. It definitely seems like mostly everyone is basically guaranteeing a pretty convincing packer win. I’ve thought all year that the teams match up pretty well in favor of the Rams. In my opinion, if this defense is truly what we all here think it is, it comes down to the Rams offense not having a meltdown for 2-3 quarters.. which happens a bit too often. I 100% understand why most people expect a big win from the packers, and its fair to think so..but I do expect the rams to win if that defense can do what they’ve been doing. Can’t wait! Hope no injuries and best of luck to whoever gets through 

I'm looking forward to the matchup as well.

Couple little thoughts to add to your post, regarding the Packers.

• Packers have not played well after a week off, while under MLF.
  • When the Packers lose, it is because they get overwhelmed and beaten soundly on the LOS.  Both sides. (Our DC is pretty stupid that way, he will give away his side of the LOS if it prevents long pass plays.)
  • The Packers win convincingly when they themselves control the LOS.
  • The Packers win quite a bit when only losing the LOS battle by a little bit.

If you want to win, you gotta really control both sides of the LOS.  Rodgers is that good that he can take a little loss up there and still win.  You gotta dominate that the LOS.

And I've long admired Brockers.  Was a big fan of Robinson.  Donald is amazing.  Floyd is playing better now than he did in Chicago.

Point being, I feel like you have the horses on the DL to take the LOS and make this a very good game.

And vice versa...the Packers OL is very good, with depth.  You will test that depth.