Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

TE Tyler Eifert elects to have season-ending back surgery

I think he should call it quits sooner than later before the rest of his life after football is wrecked.

59 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think he should call it quits sooner than later before the rest of his life after football is wrecked.

I kind of feel that way as well. His body clearly isn't meant for this. 

I've had back injuries before so I know they take a while to heal and are easy to reaggrevate. He just needs to call it quits. Sad, one of my favorites 

Edited by johndeere1707

Tough for the Bengals. 

Eifert gives that offense another layer.

I can't see them re-signing him after this year...perhaps a 1 year deal or a tag and trade situation, but his value is very low at this point. It's not like back issues get better either.

Back injuries suck. He is such a talented player, but 38 games played in 5 years might be a hint. 

Shame to see this as he's quite talented but seems to be very injury prone. Don't see him staying with the Bengals past this year.

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I can't see them re-signing him after this year...perhaps a 1 year deal or a tag and trade situation, but his value is very low at this point. It's not like back issues get better either.

Why would they tag him and who would trade for a guy who is tagged and has a serious possibly career altering injury? 

5 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Why would they tag him and who would trade for a guy who is tagged and has a serious possibly career altering injury? 

I said that I CAN'T see them resigning him, and then I followed it up with "perhaps", meaning a possibility if everything goes well in his recovery.

This was my highest graded out TE probably ever. I absolutely loved this dude as a prospect. Damn shame this is happening. I hope he gets healthy, but at this point...looks unlikely.