Jump to content

General Wild Card Round Week Thread


Recommended Posts

Well, the playoffs are upon us, figured we could have a thread to post playoff related thoughts that don't fit a specific thread. I've been misusing the Notable Stats thread for too long anyways.

Anywhom, a question...

Does any league/sport do better hype videos than the NFL?? They get me jacked baby, JACKED! Case in point...

 

shiiiiiieeee I don't even really care about the Titans but I'm still about to go throw on a jersey myself and start throwing lead blocks for King Henry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm gonna be a slave to the NFL this weekened. 3 playoff games a day, I won't get anything done ūü•ī

I'm vehemently against adding more playoff games. There are too many playoff teams this year. I think bad teams getting into the postseason is bad for the overall qualify of a league...

That said...oh man slather me up and just let me soak in all the football this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'm vehemently against adding more playoff games. There are too many playoff teams this year. I think bad teams getting into the postseason is bad for the overall qualify of a league...

That said...oh man slather me up and just let me soak in all the football this weekend.

 I'm all in on expanding to 7 teams. Wild card weekend will end up being one of the best sports weekends on the calendar. closest we can get to March Madness for football. Sucks for the teams who finish in the 2nd seed tho but over time I'll get over that as it becomes normal.

Edited by August4th
Link to post
Share on other sites

So many good games this weekend. I really wish the browns weren't being royally screwed by covid tho...I dont even have a horse in that race. I just love division playoff games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

I hate that only one team in each conference has a bye. I hate that 7 teams make the playoffs. Go back to the old format.

 

That is all

i hate odd numbers

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DannyB said:

Well, the playoffs are upon us, figured we could have a thread to post playoff related thoughts that don't fit a specific thread. I've been misusing the Notable Stats thread for too long anyways.

Anywhom, a question...

Does any league/sport do better hype videos than the NFL?? They get me jacked baby, JACKED! Case in point...

 

shiiiiiieeee I don't even really care about the Titans but I'm still about to go throw on a jersey myself and start throwing lead blocks for King Henry.

that video was made by the titans social media team, who are really fantastic at this sort of thing. they did a whole series of them with eddie george for last year's playoffs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, August4th said:

 I'm all in on expanding to 7 teams. Wild card weekend will end up being one of the best sports weekends on the calendar. closest we can get to March Madness for football. Sucks for the teams who finish in the 2nd seed tho but over time I'll get over that as it becomes normal.

In the past a second seed might have squeaked into a bye week at 11-5 with some flukey 3-way tiebreaker or H2H breaker over a team that was off for that matchup. This is far more common than 14-2 and 13-3 versus 10-6 for everyone else in the conference. While the latter is unfortunate for the 13-3 team in a 7 team format, it forces 14-2 to play it out until they clinch the bye. Likewise, 13-3 still has incentive to chase. Note that Seattle NO GB could not rest week 17. GB might have rested had they already clinched a bye (although they probably would have played it out for home field).

Edited by WheatieMan
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that video was made by the titans social media team, who are really fantastic at this sort of thing. they did a whole series of them with eddie george for last year's playoffs.

In my mind the gold standard is the series the NFL produced for the 2010 playoffs, with Dan Lauria reprising his role as Vince Lombardi. They're all great, but since it's Wild Card week let's just go with that one for now...

 

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks that the NFL can't delay the playoffs for about two weeks and do a "bubble" type thing with just the 14 playoff teams, like the NBA did with like 22 teams during their bubble.

Having coaches and players be out due to COVID-19 ruins the integrity of the game, imo. Of course those people need to be out, but having your head coach missing for the most important game of the year when everyone busted their butt all season to make the postseason is just terrible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DannyB said:

 

Does any league/sport do better hype videos than the NFL?? They get me jacked baby, JACKED! Case in point...

 

No. And I watch a breadth of sports across the world. NFL is the best

Edited by Hunter2_1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...