2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know this guy’s name had come up a few times before he was drafted and now the    Patriots are fielding calls on N’keal Harry. Interested and what compensation would you pay?

Conditional late round pick. He hasn’t even shown he’s on the same level of Cam Sims or Kelvin Harmon yet. He’s being shipped bc he’s been a bust so far. He’s another failed drafted WR by Belichick. I wouldn’t take the bait tbh, he could be released if they get no trade offers.

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know this guy’s name had come up a few times before he was drafted and now the    Patriots are fielding calls on N’keal Harry. Interested and what compensation would you pay?

The team badly needs someone to take pressure off of Terry and to give, I’m guessing Kyle Allen, another REAL target. They have to swing for one of the big name receivers. 

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

some notable guards available in free agency

Joe Thuney

Gabe Jackson

Richie Incognito

Jon Feliciano 

Jon Miller

Forrest Lamp

Dan Feeny

Keleche Osemele

DJ Fluker

gaurds expected to be traded or cut

Andrew Norwell

Brandon Brooks

Trai Turner

some are just as good as Scherrf and some aren’t but are still very good and a heck of a lot cheaper. All in all I feel we should let Scherrf walk and use that 18 million he’s due this season on either a WR, CB, LB, or FS

Can add Kevin Zeitler to that list, as the Giants just cut him.

I still think the best outcome is a long-term (4 years) deal with Scherff. Other than perhaps Brooks (if he’s healthy), Scherff is the best of these players, by a fair margin I think. He’s also our guy, which I think matters.

But the absolute proliferation of quality starting guards on the market is causing me to waffle on that. And the team should be feeling the same way. If Scherff is still pushing for a record contract, in a flooded market like this with a reduced cap, he’s not really being reasonable. 

If I’m in their position, I’m moving up the timeline. I’m giving Scherff until 3/15 to really play ball, and then I’m going to go out and start pursuing other guard options. If we can land one of these guys (not all of them, I’m not really interested in Lamp, Feeney, Fluker, or even Osemele based on the injury) on a favorable deal in this buyer’s market, I’d consider pulling the trigger on a Scherff trade or even rescinding the tag. We could get two good guards for that $18M price tag.

Listening to Rivera talk about FA, he indicated that “we have a couple of guys that we’d love to be able to get immediately.” That suggests to me that there a couple of guys they like in the so-called “first wave” of free agency — this year’s version of the Amari Cooper/Kendall Fuller targeting from last year. 

If you were a betting man/woman, who would you suspect are the “couple of guys” they’ve installed at the top of their FA wish list?

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Listening to Rivera talk about FA, he indicated that “we have a couple of guys that we’d love to be able to get immediately.” That suggests to me that there a couple of guys they like in the so-called “first wave” of free agency — this year’s version of the Amari Cooper/Kendall Fuller targeting from last year. 

If you were a betting man/woman, who would you suspect are the “couple of guys” they’ve installed at the top of their FA wish list?

Well I’d eliminate Hunter Henry and Will Fuller due to injury issues. I’d probably eliminate Juju because he loves social media and the whole dancing deal last year.  I’m going to say Curtis Samuel and Alejandro Villanueva. Samuel due to familiarity and age. Villanueva because he’s former military and a leader in the locker room. Just strikes me as the kind of guy they’ll go after. I hope I’m wrong but this is what I see happening. Tre Boston as well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Richard Sherman and Curtis Samuel

*Edit* Curtis Samuel is interchangeable with Will Fuller (if the injury history isnt a concern)

Edited by Slappy Mc

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Well I’d eliminate Hunter Henry and Will Fuller due to injury issues. I’d probably eliminate Juju because he loves social media and the whole dancing deal last year.  I’m going to say Curtis Samuel and Alejandro Villanueva. Samuel due to familiarity and age. Villanueva because he’s former military and a leader in the locker room. Just strikes me as the kind of guy they’ll go after. I hope I’m wrong but this is what I see happening. Tre Boston as well. 

Shark Tank Good Answer GIF by ABC Network

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

After what he also said about linebacker and how he likes KPL and mentioned getting a KPL type guy a little younger I’m thinking Jayon Brown could potentially be one of those guys. And then I would go with either Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis being the other