2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not sure where this should go. But it's a fun tweet...

So much depends on QB. I mean look at the Patriots. Tom Brady covered up a lot of issues w/ McDaniels’s offense, look at how much they struggled in the passing game w/o him bc they don’t have a lot of talent at WR & TE and Cam/Stidman aren’t good enough passers to make up for throwing to #4 & 5 level WRs & back up level TEs.

We remain in the middle sounds about right, we’re average. Used to have a great passing offense, didn’t keep any of the players who made that possible and had an awful defense. Now we have a great D but below average passing game.

🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

ESPN posted an article today where they “simulated” free agency by having their beat reporters submit “offers” for each of 19 prominent available players. The author then “chose” an offer based on all the circumstances and that’s where the player “signed.” 

Interestingly, Keim didn’t get involved (or at least didn’t crack the top 3 offers) for Golladay, Davis, JuJu, Fuller, or Henry. He did, however, submit a monstrous offer for Jonnu Smith (4/$45M), which I found very intriguing. Is that just his personal view, or does he have some inside insight that guided his decision to make a splash offer for Jonnu? 

Incidentally, Smith ended up choosing a lesser offer to play for the Patriots. So it was a pretty realistic simulation. 

Wait until all the fans who are giving fans crap that want to spend money end up seeing the final result when Rivera basically signs nobody but scrubs again expecting it to work two years in a row. That whole preaching patience thing is going to go out the window real fast. 

Also, Rivera needs to stop acting like he’s got years and years to build this thing. I’m pretty sure he regrets making the playoffs last year because of the unrealistic expectations it’s created. Last season was the season to suck but instead of doing so he inserted a QB that he didn’t intend to keep and then won a crappy division. If they sit on their hands in free agency facing a first place schedule going into a season with Allen/Heinecke as the starter this will end up being a bloodbath and the fanbase is going to riot. He better use some of that dough and those draft picks to put real talent on this roster or this Rivera tenure is going to be a short one. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Market values from spotrac. JuJu/Golladay would be nice but at that price. 🙄

I think I would go with Corey Davis and get a slot guy in the draft, where there seems to have an abundance. 
What’s your choice?

Surprised because I wouldn't consider for a micro second paying that much for Samuel.  To me the only point of samuel is to get a flex player cheap.  12 is not cheap.  It isn't top tier, but cmon that is pricey for a midlevel WR.

Golladay and then Corey Davis would be my choice.  Seems a bit of a big number for Golladay.  I was thinking more like 15.

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Bills resigned Milano to basically the exact deal I had proposed we sign him to. Bummer. After a number of our targets got locked down with the tag, it hurts to have a nice fit like him re-sign just before we’d have a shot at him.

Bring on Jayon Brown!

29 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Bills resigned Milano to basically the exact deal I had proposed we sign him to. Bummer. After a number of our targets got locked down with the tag, it hurts to have a nice fit like him re-sign just before we’d have a shot at him.

😑

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

We need to just draft JOK, re-sign KPL or roll with what we have in house there while throwing Collins into the WLB competition as well. 

@LoganF89 I want Jaylon Brown too but it depends on the cost. Overpaying for a LB in FA usually backfires when we can draft one high who’s younger with pro bowl potential.