Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

19 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

She’s totally his type. Looks like a plastic Instagram girl that has a name that describes his hobby

She looks like what he likes. He has what she wants - an absurd amount of money. (Just ask her ex, Spurs G Dejounte Murray):

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/dejounte-murray-breaks-up-with-instagram-model/

It's the foundation of any good relationship, IMO. Now, if she could only give him those massages he likes, he'd be in NYJ and the Texans would have an extra six first rounders...

Damn you, Jilly. You had ONE job.

• Like 5

On 4/14/2021 at 6:18 AM, ET80 said:

I can't think of a worse off-season for any team in any sport. Maybe the Astros after the WS loss to the Nats, when they lost Gerrit Cole and had the fallout from the sign stealing scandal (Hinch/Lunhow)?

It's definitely a Houston thing, that's for sure.

I can’t either.  Bears fans are all woe is me and I am like look at what Houston is dealing with.

I am surprised we didn’t make giant trade and then the massage suits came just after leaving us holding the bag.  

For record I advocated somewhere you guys make a giant trade with Jets or Dolphins or highest bidder way back when and you guys threw tomatoes at me.   

Anyway.  Sorry about this mess.  It sucks for sure.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

For record I advocated somewhere you guys make a giant trade with Jets or Dolphins or highest bidder way back when and you guys threw tomatoes at me.

I think I was throwing tomatoes - and honestly, this is karma sneaking up on me and putting me in a rear naked choke.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Anyway.  Sorry about this mess.  It sucks for sure.

It builds character, I think. I've basically turned into Abraham Lincoln through all of this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

i stand by not wanting Watson in the AFC on any team that isnt in the AFCW

also I'm wondering if a trade to the Jets or Dolphins would be affected by how much it would hurt the Patriots, since a big core of our FO staff is now ex New England. Would they want to honor those ties to BB or want to punish Kraft for the tampering charges

Edited by tab

3 hours ago, tab said:

i stand by not wanting Watson in the AFC on any team that isnt in the AFCW

also I'm wondering if a trade to the Jets or Dolphins would be affected by how much it would hurt the Patriots, since a big core of our FO staff is now ex New England. Would they want to honor those ties to BB or want to punish Kraft for the tampering charges

Really?   You stand by by not trading him for a kings ransom knowing what you know now?

LOL.    I think most would disagree. 

Miami may create a mini dynasty with haul they got from you for Tunsil if they draft well.   You could have took it all back and then some and had their best rookie contract talent thrown in.

Still pissed Bears passed on him for smoking pot.   Ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tab said:

I always figured that's why Caserio never moved forward with alleged deals with them. Miami would call with a sweetheart deal and just as Caserio hung up his phone, he'd get a text from a private number saying "If DW4 in my dvsin, ur dead 2 me"...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Really?   You stand by by not trading him for a kings ransom knowing what you know now?

LOL.    I think most would disagree. 

the trade would probably have never gone through either way since this came out before the deadline but yeah, i do stand by what i said. Why would we want to create another conference juggernaut in Miami? IF we aren't getting a bonafide Watson tier starting QB with any of these picks, I'm not going to lose sleep over missed opportunity. Top 10 QBs fail all the time. QBs that are projected to go in the first round this year WILL fail. That is just how it works out. Also I hate this team and I'm fine watching them fail so it's a win-win for me. I hope watson sits on the bench until his contract runs out and he hits FA in 4-5 years

that said, bears make us an offer

17 hours ago, tab said:

the trade would probably have never gone through either way since this came out before the deadline but yeah, i do stand by what i said. Why would we want to create another conference juggernaut in Miami? IF we aren't getting a bonafide Watson tier starting QB with any of these picks, I'm not going to lose sleep over missed opportunity. Top 10 QBs fail all the time. QBs that are projected to go in the first round this year WILL fail. That is just how it works out. Also I hate this team and I'm fine watching them fail so it's a win-win for me. I hope watson sits on the bench until his contract runs out and he hits FA in 4-5 years

that said, bears make us an offer

My offer is this.  Nothing.  Not even the fee for the gaming license.  Which I would appreciate it if you would pay personally.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

My offer is this.  Nothing.  Not even the fee for the gaming license.  Which I would appreciate it if you would pay personally.

Great movie, great quote. You win this round...

• Like 3

On 4/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, dll2000 said:

I was wondering if anyone would get it.  I forget sometimes I have gotten old.

That's one of my favorite parts of that movie.  Al Pacino's ability to make Michael look like he is remaining calm on the surface while at the same time he is just seething underneath is incredible.  What an actor he is! 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/john-mcclain/article/McClain-Texans-left-with-what-ifs-in-diminishing-16130341.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans were expected to allow Watson to seek a trade elsewhere this week ahead of the NFL draft. Of course, that was before the 22 allegations of sexual harassment and assault that has since diminished his trade value.

The Bears were one of eight teams expected to put together a huge trade package for Watson, along with the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots and Washington Football Team, in what would’ve been a massive bidding war.

The Texans’ plan was to get the most serious teams into a bidding war before general manager Nick Caserio — with Cal McNair’s approval — accepted the best offer that, ideally, would have included at least three first-round picks, two second-round picks and a defensive starter.

Gosh that sucks. 

• Like 2