Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Yeah, saw that. Oh well, some smoke is usually a good sign if we're wanting to get away from this.

I'm honestly tired of the whole situation - I'm sure I'll watch the Texans at times, but this is more of a chore than enjoyment.

• Like 1

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Texans still believe Deshaun Watson is "going to end up wanting to play for them this year," and that they are not returning calls to teams interested in a trade. 

Glazer terms the situation a "standstill." Alrighty then. There has been an internet furor in recent days that the Eagles were close to acquiring Watson, but Glazer is as plugged in as any reporter in the league. He certainly does not seem to believe a move is imminent. It remains surreal that the Watson narrative has somehow shifted back to his trade status from his legal situation. He remains under investigation by both the Houston Police Department and NFL, while he has not settled any of his civil claims. We would not expect any movement on his 2021 status in the near future. 

8 hours ago, jch1911 said:

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Texans still believe Deshaun Watson is "going to end up wanting to play for them this year," and that they are not returning calls to teams interested in a trade. 

Oh... FFS Cal. This isn't going to happen.

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

what do that mean?

Someone is trying to gauge how local media is responding to Watson's case to work around those talking points.

Someone is doing homework on how the media feels about the guy.

• Like 3