Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss said QB Deshaun Watson could be a "healthy scratch" during the 2021 regular season. 

A bizarre and uncomfortable training camp could spill into the regular season if the NFL doesn't take action against Watson, who faces sexual assault allegations from 22 women. Watson has been present at Houston practices this month, often working with the third and fourth team offense, Reiss said on The Fantasy Authority podcast. The acrimony between Watson and head coach David Culley has been thick for months after Watson demanded a trade. As long as the criminal cases against Watson are active, the league can't interview him and therefore can't place Watson on the Commissioner's Exempt List. That would mean Watson could be on the Texans' roster this year, probably as a healthy scratch. Journeyman Tyrod Taylor will start the season under center for Houston. 

Am I missing something?  I didn't think Culley and Watson had any type of relationship?  Or at least one that was cordial at least....

5 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Am I missing something?  I didn't think Culley and Watson had any type of relationship?  Or at least one that was cordial at least....

Between Watson's demand for a trade and Culley getting Watson to play S and RB on the scout team, I could see the relationship being less than stellar.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Between Watson's demand for a trade and Culley getting Watson to play S and RB on the scout team, I could see the relationship being less than stellar.

The trade request was pre-Cullen and I always got the vibe that it was Caeserio (sp?) pulling the strings of Watson's position versatility.. but WTF do I know (apparently very little)

23 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

The trade request was pre-Cullen and I always got the vibe that it was Caeserio (sp?) pulling the strings of Watson's position versatility.. but WTF do I know (apparently very little)

I'm basing my Culley take on this:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30964026/deshaun-watson-met-houston-texans-coach-david-culley-wants-traded-sources-say

Imagine getting a job, getting excited about it, then you come in to talk to the best employee who flat out tells you "I'm happy you got the job, but I still want out..."

I'd be upset.

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm basing my Culley take on this:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30964026/deshaun-watson-met-houston-texans-coach-david-culley-wants-traded-sources-say

Imagine getting a job, getting excited about it, then you come in to talk to the best employee who flat out tells you "I'm happy you got the job, but I still want out..."

I'd be upset.

I gotcha...  I would take it as "No offense, but this BS preceded you and the people who did "this" (whatever that is) to me are still here."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

What I don’t understand, if he’s not going to be traded and also isn’t suspended, why not just play him? 

doesnt want to play

also no risk of injury i guess

Edited by tab

46 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

What I don’t understand, if he’s not going to be traded and also isn’t suspended, why not just play him? 

He doesn't want to play here. That's why the trade stuff even started, he wanted out.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He doesn't want to play here. That's why the trade stuff even started, he wanted out.

And we still don't even know what the issue is and why he wants out, he just wants out. We can't even speculate cause all possible issues honestly have been fixed (except Jack). Team improved over the offseason clearly, front office fixed its issues, he clearly was okay with the Culley and Caserio hire.

Edited by Drained

58 minutes ago, Drained said:

And we still don't even know what the issue is and why he wants out, he just wants out. We can't even speculate cause all possible issues honestly have been fixed (except Jack). Team improved over the offseason clearly, front office fixed its issues, he clearly was okay with the Culley and Caserio hire.

Jack - and by proxy, Cal - are the issue. We all know what Andre Johnson said, and it was shortly after this issue started to bubble up, so - even with "improvements" (I don't think we improved, but to each their own) Easterby still has a lot of power in the organization and Watson clearly didn't care for that.