2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

no, the question is: why go after exclusively aging players who have dealt with significant injuries and declining production in recent years?

I don’t really know where exclusively comes from. Our only attempt to fix the pass rush last year wasn’t Clowney, just like it wouldn’t be just Watt this year.

I guess I don’t know what some of you guys are expecting this offseason. We aren’t getting Barrett. The popular choice seems to be Carl Lawson, who I like, but also has 12 sacks in the last three years combined. Watt is still productive and brings a veteran leader to a front seven that desperately needs one. There are no risk free options in free agency at pass rusher. Especially not when you have a coaching staff that gives you no reason for optimism when it comes to developing EDGE rushers.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t really know where exclusively comes from. Our only attempt to fix the pass rush last year wasn’t Clowney, just like it wouldn’t be just Watt this year.

I guess I don’t know what some of you guys are expecting this offseason. We aren’t getting Barrett. The popular choice seems to be Carl Lawson, who I like, but also has 12 sacks in the last three years combined. Watt is still productive and brings a veteran leader to a front seven that desperately needs one. There are no risk free options in free agency at pass rusher. Especially not when you have a coaching staff that gives you no reason for optimism when it comes to developing EDGE rushers.

personally i would like a guy that we can expect to actually play in games for us on a consistent basis

Just now, -Hope- said:

personally i would like a guy that we can expect to actually play in games for us on a consistent basis

Played all 16 games two of the last three years, including 92% of the snaps this season. I just want actual talent. That’s my top priority. Competent football players that might be able to actually hold teammates and coaches accountable.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Played all 16 games two of the last three years, including 92% of the snaps this season. I just want actual talent. That’s my top priority. Competent football players that might be able to actually hold teammates and coaches accountable.

He is a Tackle For Loss machine also. 

If it gets Clowney back I am with it. The last time these two played together they had 25 sacks combined in 2018. We had 19 this year. As much as I am not a fan of Mr. Watt and his injury history, with how bad our defense was, we need to take talent where we can get it. We have a team that can win now, its time to sell out however we have to. Injuries may be a concern with Watt and Clowney, but if we can get healthy for one year, with the right moves around Watt we could do damage. If his connection to Vrabes get us him and Clowney back, we have a front that consists of Clowney, Watt, Simmons, Landry and a maybe first round DT?, that could be something. I still don't see him coming here though.

53 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

YES!!

we need legit TALENT

look at the # of first rounders on the 2019 SF dline and 2020 TB

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

YES!!

we need legit TALENT

look at the # of first rounders on the 2019 SF dline and 2020 TB

we came into this season with the same number of first rounders in our front 7 as tampa. the difference isn't what they were willing to spend, it's that they actually hit on their evaluations.

The fact that we are even debating on whether or not we should sign Watt is crazy to me. Talent is talent and he is still among the most talented DL players in the league. And I bet he wants to win, and he has leadership qualities, which we could use.

I understood why the move might have been necessary when we traded away Casey, but that kind of presence we badly missed this year. Sign Watt! Try to do what it takes to get us there cap wise, and get it done.

• Like 1