2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

55 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Devils advocate...not absolving the failures.

But only about 5-6 of those guys were brought in with the hope of being impact players. The rest were back up or undrafted guys.

List gets even smaller if you factor in age/point in their career.

Failures no question tho. 

Be interested to see how it looks vs. other teams who sign/draft players to be impact players and their success. 
Are we close to the average or all around suck. More towards suck, but i'm willing to be we are closer to the average than some would believe. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Landry is a solid player but he’s definitely a secondary rusher. He’s basically a slighter better Bud Dupree before TJ Watt came into the picture. Which is exactly why I want nothing to do with Dupree.

What's crazy about Landry is that he is statistically the 2nd most productive pass rusher from that draft class, trailing Bradley Chubb by only a sack and half. 

Better than Marcus Davenport, who the Saints traded up for.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Devils advocate...not absolving the failures.

But only about 5-6 of those guys were brought in with the hope of being impact players. The rest were back up or undrafted guys.

List gets even smaller if you factor in age/point in their career.

Failures no question tho. 

Be interested to see how it looks vs. other teams who sign/draft players to be impact players and their success. 
Are we close to the average or all around suck. More towards suck, but i'm willing to be we are closer to the average than some would believe. 

I mean that just goes to show the lack of resources we’ve put into position though. No first round picks.... 2 seconds, 1 fifth, and 2 sevenths.... absolutely pathetic. One of the most important positions on the field and we’ve basically spent hardly any resources toward the position. Last year was the first year we actually really took an interest and signed two former busts, although we all wanted Clowney and I thought he could of at least provided some kind of pressure(same with Beasley). If we don’t sign a high level edge rusher(not some washed up bum) and draft an edge guy in the first two rounds, we didn’t target it hard enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

What's crazy about Landry is that he is statistically the 2nd most productive pass rusher from that draft class, trailing Bradley Chubb by only a sack and half. 

Also looking at a draft where we targeted a pass rusher

2016- Dodd

We passed up on Yannick,  Chris Jones, Emmanuel Ogbah, Matt Judon, 

So that like we know was straight failure. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yea he’s a pretty solid player. That’s why when I see people compare him to Derrick Morgan, I laugh. Like Derrick Morgan was some bum or something. Was he a great edge rusher? No but he played much better when Orakpo got here. I think Landry can be a consistent 8-10 sack guy if we bring in someone who doesn’t suck opposite of him. We need to start investing more into the front 7. Evans is a massive failure and Simmons and Landry isn’t enough.

• Like 1

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Pending the investigation, Von is someone they definitely should be taking a look at. 

Players are gonna have to take less money in many situations. The cap isn't going to be high enough for ALL these players to get paid what they think. The Corey Davis' and Jonnu Smith's of the world that normally would have got double if not triple their worth just because of bidding, might get low balled. 

A lot of 1 year deals. 

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea he’s a pretty solid player. That’s why when I see people compare him to Derrick Morgan, I laugh. Like Derrick Morgan was some bum or something. Was he a great edge rusher? No but he played much better when Orakpo got here. I think Landry can be a consistent 8-10 sack guy if we bring in someone who doesn’t suck opposite of him. We need to start investing more into the front 7. Evans is a massive failure and Simmons and Landry isn’t enough.

Yes!

If they can manage to sign someone like Watt/(BIG FA)....then draft an edge in the first like Phillips. 
Landry, Simmons, Watt, Phillips

That goes from a weakness to a strength real fast. 

48 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Players are gonna have to take less money in many situations. The cap isn't going to be high enough for ALL these players to get paid what they think. The Corey Davis' and Jonnu Smith's of the world that normally would have got double if not triple their worth just because of bidding, might get low balled. 

A lot of 1 year deals. 

A lot of good value 1 year deals, or a lot of backloaded contracts. 

And IMO if you're gonna sign the 1 year deal, guys like Jonnu and Corey are better staying home where they know the system and have a chance to put up an even better year next year. Obviously there will be guys that have the opportunity to find a bigger role with a new team, but I think most would be better off staying put this year. Who knows whether they will or not though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Pending the investigation, Von is someone they definitely should be taking a look at. 

It’s hard to see how Von fits within our defense. My opinion we sign Von were kicking the tires as landry as a starter. 
Reason, Von & Landry skillset are 1 in the same & in this defense we always have a rush LB that can cover, & across the DE/LB that play the run as well as rush. The Morgan’s, Wake, Clowney, hell that was the reason we drafted Dodd when people were questioning how a 4-3 end fit in a 3-4 because in our system we use SAM backer like a end. Like how the Broncos used Demarcus ware & Bradley Chubb across from Miller. If we sign Miller it’ll be like our intentions of signing Beasley. But him or Landry would have to be the situational rusher 

Edited by TitanRedd