2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

For what it’s worth, not every contract allows the team to restructure without permission, but the vast majority do. It’s also always beneficial to the player to restructure, so it’s not like they’d turn down something that gives them more up-front money and makes it harder for them to be released anyways.

I think a lot of people confuse restructures with pay cuts when they’re two very different things.

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It’s gonna kill me if he comes to NE

My friends are already hyped and talking trash to me

Cmon Henry work your magic, I hope that workout over the weekend helped 

I am confused about this whole Julio New England thing, didn't they overpay like 10 mediocre wrs in free agency? 

Also getting an older Julio with a high price tag would seem super against what Belicheck is about. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I am confused about this whole Julio New England thing, didn't they overpay like 10 mediocre wrs in free agency? 

Also getting an older Julio with a high price tag would seem super against what Belicheck is about. 

The funniest thing is that Julio supposedly wants to play with Cam and has concerns about Matt Ryan’s arm getting worse as though Cam’s arm strength hasn’t fallen off a cliff over the last few year. And they literally just drafted Cam’s replacement.

I’ll need something from a non-Boston reporter before I buy into Julio desperately wanting to be a Patriot.

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

If Cam is going to be the QB I just don’t see how Julio fits into what they will want to do

They paid Jonnu and Henry, so I’m assuming they are trying to give cam easier throws because he struggles to pass down field 

The WRs the Pats did sign are good catch and run type WRs to help with Cam not being able to throw 

I just don’t see Julio being a fit but you never know especially since Bill is hungry to try and win one without Brady 

Im sure Julio makes sense for a lot of other teams like SF who is a real contender to get back to the SB but man we still have a need at WR

Henry Brown Tannehill have to be enough to make Julio atleast consider the Titans 

I still cant get over how yall dont see that not only is Julio not coming here, but that the titans are not even interested in the guy.. its like Brady watch 2020 all over again.. yall so concerned about "win now" and being in a "window" that yall complete missing the fact that if the team actually thought like that, they likely would've let Tannehill go last year and gone after Brady.. but they arent because they dont make short sighted moves that compromise the future..

Not that there are elite players on the market still out there 

But it would be nice to trade for Julio and it have a JJ Watt, Brady type effect where now maybe someone like Justin Houston comes to Tennessee on a cheaper deal with a shot at winning a SB

I just want that “hey I’m going to Tennessee they seem close” type feel for a few months 

Edited by Titans fan 617

17 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I still cant get over how yall dont see that not only is Julio not coming here, but that the titans are not even interested in the guy.. its like Brady watch 2020 all over again.. yall so concerned about "win now" and being in a "window" that yall complete missing the fact that if the team actually thought like that, they likely would've let Tannehill go last year and gone after Brady.. but they arent because they dont make short sighted moves that compromise the future..

Even if you truly believe it’s not possible, it’s May and an elite player that has a relationship with two of our best players and would fill literally our biggest need has asked for a trade...what else should we be talking about in the biggest dead period of the NFL offseason?

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Even if you truly believe it’s not possible, it’s May and an elite player that has a relationship with two of our best players and would fill literally our biggest need has asked for a trade...what else should we be talking about in the biggest dead period of the NFL offseason?

This x1000.. why wouldn’t we want to see our team make a move thst literally takes us to the next level and like you said he fills our biggest need. 

its like this..

say you have 500$. you see a nice tv that cost 500$(corey davis) but you have home improvement to make (fix the defense). so, you decide to let the tv go and do just that.. 3 months later, a better tv goes on sale, also for 500$(jones). now you have only 100$ left from making home improvements. now, you could save that 100$ and have money for the future, OR you could take out a loan(restructure contracts) buy the new tv (jones) but its only gonna work and you'll have it for two years max.. and the loan you took out was for 1000$. feasible now... but in two years, when you're likely still paying for the loan(increased cap number) the tv will be long gone into retirement..