2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Because they got their franchise QB when he was in his early 20s, not his early 30s. Your championship window lasts as long as your QB does. If you draft him, sure, you can win for a long time. If you miss on three top 10 picks at the position over a dozen years and somehow stumble into trading for one that is 30, it shortens things quite a bit.

and if you decide to build your offense around a running back, it shortens things even further, because there will likely be an adjustment period to navigate 2 years from now when he can't do the things he did last season.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, Tampa Bay just won a SB. The Patriots three years ago were a veteran-laden team. The Broncos won a SB and went to another one with Peyton.

it's almost as though there's more than one way to win a super bowl and those paths are highly contingent on each team's specific situation!

I’m all for the Titans making the move

I love CD I really do but fact is his best season came in a contract year

When the Titans had 2 big games down the the stretch (GB and Bal) he was a no show

Julio is just better 

Fair to say Julio would be the number 2 here?

I know the Titans can’t say it publicly but they need help at WR

CD presented no threat in that playoff game and the the Ravens just loaded the box daring Tannehill to beat them and the Titans couldn’t do it 

Game on the line CD is on the side lines and the Titans are throwing to Raymond 

Yes Brown was running wide open but if the Titans are gonna run Henry all the time they  need legitimate WR weapons to help empty the box a little bit 

Brown and Henry need to do what NBA players do and flat out recruit Julio to Nashville 

16 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m all for the Titans making the move

I love CD I really do but fact is his best season came in a contract year

When the Titans had 2 big games down the the stretch (GB and Bal) he was a no show

Julio is just better 

Fair to say Julio would be the number 2 here?

I know the Titans can’t say it publicly but they need help at WR

CD presented no threat in that playoff game and the the Ravens just loaded the box daring Tannehill to beat them and the Titans couldn’t do it 

Game on the line CD is on the side lines and the Titans are throwing to Raymond 

Yes Brown was running wide open but if the Titans are gonna run Henry all the time they  need legitimate WR weapons to help empty the box a little bit 

Brown and Henry need to do what NBA players do and flat out recruit Julio to Nashville 

Yeah, this is what it comes down to with Julio vs. Corey Davis.

In a big game who would rather have lined up opposite AJ? The answer is obvious and it’s not close. This is coming from someone who absolute loves CD.

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, this is what it comes down to with Julio vs. Corey Davis.

In a big game who would rather have lined up opposite AJ? The answer is obvious and it’s not close. This is coming from someone who absolute loves CD.

Same

But when you can get a guy like Julio to pair with Brown and Henry, you just need to take that shot 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Because they got their franchise QB when he was in his early 20s, not his early 30s. Your championship window lasts as long as your QB does. If you draft him, sure, you can win for a long time. If you miss on three top 10 picks at the position over a dozen years and somehow stumble into trading for one that is 30, it shortens things quite a bit.

facts.. but look at how they also do business. the seahawks dont make short sighted moves, they consistently trade back in the draft, dont over spend in FA and they consistently been a winner(regular season) since their superbowl window. OR you could be like the Broncos, Eagles, and likely the Bucs and make short sighted moves, win a championship, have limited draft capital because of short sighted moves, and then have an extended period of SUCKING and playing multiple seasons of your games not meaning anything.. not saying thats will happen to the titans of Julio is aquired.. but im not saying it wont if you give up too much for him.. gonna be paying AJ brown 20 million next season and julio 11.5.. who you comfortable sacrificing from the team next year to accomodate that.. cause you mos def will have to sacrifice another player to pay that much money to your WR's.

OR you could just not get julio, retain that money(and good players you've spent time developing) and draft capital. develop guys like fitzpatrick and keep your winning team intact for close to a decade and have multiple cracks at winning a superbowl for a prolonged period of time. Both of which have never been done here before. The titans a perennial winner? who knew..

Edited by Airness McNairness

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We don’t need Julio. Sources confirm Dez Fitzpatrick is going to be elite and was a 1st round talent. Don’t forget the that stud Racey as well.

😂

What I’m about to say isn’t directed at you I know your joking

Up here in NE,the over reaction for rookie mini camps last week were hilarious 

Reports of Mac Jones “killing it” in camp

Coaches were so impressed with him etc etc

Then it came out that Mac Jones wasn’t even aloud to throw a pass 🤣

Rookie Mini Camp coverage is always the best 

I really feel like it’s a no brainer to trade for him. They aren’t asking for a lot and even though he’s 32 he’s still one of the top WRs in the league. I feel like we never make the big splash trades but this makes too much sense not to happen. Especially when we can restructure a couple contracts and have 20 mil in cap space. If we wanna win we gotta make moves to help us win.

Corey Davis shouldn’t even be brought up when it comes to the Julio trade. The real question should be do you want Reynolds or Julio out there. Even king Henry and AJ know we need Julio.

Edited by 615finest

42 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

gonna be paying AJ brown 20 million next season and julio 11.5

For much of that post, I think you’re just citing teams that either had consistently elite QB play (might as well include GB, the Colts for a long time, NE, NO, etc.) or didn’t (TB, Denver, Philly). It’s that simple. Hell, with the greatest HC in the history of the NFL and a still really good defense, even the Patriots took an immediate step back when Brady left. Windows last as long as QBs last with extremely limited exceptions (in recent memory, the only teams I can think of that maintained championship windows after losing their QBs are the Packers and Colts and that was simply because they went from Favre/Manning to Rodgers/Luck).

I just quoted the above part because it’s not how AJs extension will work. The earliest year we would actually see a significant increase in his cap number is 2023, when Julio would be entering the final year of his deal.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Julio enhances any team at this point. No matter his age. 

It just a matter of will Robinson do what it takes to fit him in salary wise. 

Yeah, it’s pretty much this. If I had to guess, Robinson won’t be willing to do it for financial reasons that I’ve complained about five million times, but it’s just kind of what I expect.

But there’s obviously no argument against our title odds increasing in the next two years with Julio Jones on the roster.