2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

40 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Low key: Firsker is a better receiving TE than Jonnu.  His routes are butter. 

I’ve probably been selling Firkser short this whole offseason. With him being TE1/Big slot WR at the moment, AJ being our only proven receiving threat, and already having that trust and chemistry with Tannehill, he could be in line for a bit of a “breakout” year.

It would be funny if all this time we kept waiting for Jonnu’s breakout year with us and it turns out that Firkser ends up being the guy that does it.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Low key: Firsker is a better receiving TE than Jonnu.  His routes are butter. 

TE #1 for me I’ve been saying this for the longest he’s better than Jonnu but for some reason people love them some Jonnu because he runs 4.5 kinda how I use to argue people that Tajae was better than Taywan & majority loved them some Taywan because he was fast. Man football comes down to can you get open & make plays & Jonnu couldn’t do it consistently 

21 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ve probably been selling Firkser short this whole offseason. With him being TE1/Big slot WR at the moment, AJ being our only proven receiving threat, and already having that trust and chemistry with Tannehill, he could be in line for a bit of a “breakout” year.

It would be funny if all this time we kept waiting for Jonnu’s breakout year with us and it turns out that Firkser ends up being the guy that does it.

Something I've been thinking about is how hard is it to go from an #3 to an #2?  

I know it's hard to be the man after being an #2 (ex: JuJu).  But is it hard to go from #3 to #2. 

Going back and looking at some Ram games, Reynolds made plays when thrown to him. I don't think it as dire as some think. 

But with Firkser can run some dope routes. And if you look at Kelce he is a big slot and is a decent blocker. 

Jonnu was a better complete TE and made a lot of athletic and contested catches. But if you look at the routes. Firkser had a deeper bag to pull from. 

Not trying to discount Smith. But Firkser can do a good job. 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

TE #1 for me I’ve been saying this for the longest he’s better than Jonnu but for some reason people love them some Jonnu because he runs 4.5 kinda how I use to argue people that Tajae was better than Taywan & majority loved them some Taywan because he was fast. Man football comes down to can you get open & make plays & Jonnu couldn’t do it consistently 

Firkser always gets open. And rarely drops the ball. 

If he can block with some consistency because I looked at some Henry runs and Firkser did some decent things at times, then we can have a good player. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Something I've been thinking about is how hard is it to go from an #3 to an #2?  

I know it's hard to be the man after being an #2 (ex: JuJu).  But is it hard to go from #3 to #2. 

Going back and looking at some Ram games, Reynolds made plays when thrown to him. I don't think it as dire as some think. 

But with Firkser can run some dope routes. And if you look at Kelce he is a big slot and is a decent blocker. 

Jonnu was a better complete TE and made a lot of athletic and contested catches. But if you look at the routes. Firkser had a deeper bag to pull from. 

Not trying to discount Smith. But Firkser can do a good job. 

Jonnu wasn’t a complete TE he was a well rounded H back that could block & if you schemed him open could do damage after the catch. He couldn’t beat guys 1 on 1 running routes he could get open finding the hole in zone at times 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No Julio👀👀👀

That’s our next watch in a couple of weeks

We need a legit WR to add there’s no doubt about that 

I think we have a shot in the Julio sweepstakes if we choose to get into it

I’m not “if we don’t get Julio we riot” type of stance on the situation 

But we need to add someone

I don’t know who becomes available but I was interested in Elijah Moore a few weeks ago but if his teammate Jamison Crowder becomes available I can definitely live with that

But mark your calendars Julio watch begins June 1st

21 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

That’s our next watch in a couple of weeks

We need a legit WR to add there’s no doubt about that 

I think we have a shot in the Julio sweepstakes if we choose to get into it

I’m not “if we don’t get Julio we riot” type of stance on the situation 

But we need to add someone

I don’t know who becomes available but I was interested in Elijah Moore a few weeks ago but if his teammate Jamison Crowder becomes available I can definitely live with that

But mark your calendars Julio watch begins June 1st

I think it's June 1st watch period. A few teams are going to be cutting people to save money. 

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

I think our TEs will be Firkser, Swaim, and Pinkney.. I think they are pretty high on Pinkney. If I remember correctly he was considered a top TE prospect at 1 point. I think Firkser will shock ppl this year

& Pruitt