2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

27 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I dont understand the logic with this... lets trade for a 33 year old, slightly injury prone WR whos making 15 mil this year and 11.5 the next two years...... why not just keep corey davis whos younger, and who's contract is roughly the same? that makes no sense... julio aint coming.

18 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I dont understand the logic with this... lets trade for a 33 year old, slightly injury prone WR whos making 15 mil this year and 11.5 the next two years...... why not just keep corey davis whos younger, and who's contract is roughly the same? that makes no sense... julio aint coming.

Well Julio at age 32 is still better then Corey and every WR on our roster outside of AJ. Julio is still respected so it would be hard to load the box for Henry with AJ and Julio on the outside. But I doubt he ends up a Titan 

32 year old Julio POSSIBLY is on the same level as 26/27 year old CD.. even so, julio is fast approaching a decline while CD is entering his prime. at most we would have Julio for 1 maybe 2 years.. we could have CD for twice that amount of time and he would still be in his prime after that. Im not about making short sighted moves and messing up the future.. I wanna be good for a long time.. not good for a few years, suck for a few years, rinse and repeat.

22 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I mean, the gap between Julio Jones and Corey Davis is massive. He had also missed four games over the previous six seasons prior to last year, so I’m guessing the injury-prone tag is based exclusively on that.

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

32 year old Julio POSSIBLY is on the same level as 26/27 year old CD.

This is just crazy talk. I like CD, even with nagging injuries, Julio’s worst year last season still had him playing at a significantly higher level than CD played at in the best year of his career.

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

32 year old Julio POSSIBLY is on the same level as 26/27 year old CD.. even so, julio is fast approaching a decline while CD is entering his prime. at most we would have Julio for 1 maybe 2 years.. we could have CD for twice that amount of time and he would still be in his prime after that. Im not about making short sighted moves and messing up the future.. I wanna be good for a long time.. not good for a few years, suck for a few years, rinse and repeat.

I get it but we have a clear 2-3 year window with prime Henry and Tannehill. The window is right now for those guys. Julio on the “decline” is still a top 10- 15 WR, something that Corey Davis is not and has yet to proven to be.

• Like 2

I’m also mostly just hoping that there was some sort of plan to replace Corey that fell through. Either via FA with a guy choosing another team or the draft not falling the way we hoped. 

Julio is obviously unlikely. The desire to want to add an elite weapon at a position of glaring need during our limited window is pretty simple though.

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Well, given the age and contract of our QB and RB, I fear I have some bad news for you.

lol. like come on. this is a short-term, win-now window and everyone knows it except for jon robinson and this guy

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, the gap between Julio Jones and Corey Davis is massive. He had also missed four games over the previous six seasons prior to last year, so I’m guessing the injury-prone tag is based exclusively on that.

ok.. if i give you the notion that julio is better than cd right now.. is it not the better value to have just signed CD instead of trading a 2nd and possibly a 4th round pick (two future starters) for a guy who is only gonna be on the team for 2 years? AND you end up paying him the same money you could have just paid corey?

16 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

ok.. if i give you the notion that julio is better than cd right now.. is it not the better value to have just signed CD instead of trading a 2nd and possibly a 4th round pick (two future starters) for a guy who is only gonna be on the team for 2 years? AND you end up paying him the same money you could have just paid corey?

If I believe we have a two, maybe three-year window, I’d rather have Julio Jones than CD. I also think that yes, we should’ve just resigned Corey. Unfortunately, that decision has been made and if we want to chase a ring, Julio is, at this point in the offseason, far and away the best weapon we could add.

• Like 1

loser teams and fans think winning only comes in 'windows"... the seahawks, for example have been good going on a decade, .. glad they dont think like you..

i wonder if that had something to do with drafting a franchise quarterback and having him for his entire career. on the other hand, i'd hate to be a "loser team" like the buccaneers. those schlubs!

loser teams and fans think winning only comes in 'windows"... the seahawks, for example have been good going on a decade, .. glad they dont think like you..

Because they got their franchise QB when he was in his early 20s, not his early 30s. Your championship window lasts as long as your QB does. If you draft him, sure, you can win for a long time. If you miss on three top 10 picks at the position over a dozen years and somehow stumble into trading for one that is 30, it shortens things quite a bit.

• Like 3