2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

lol, how old are you guys? It like you don't remember the salary cap purge in the early 2000's when we had to cut literally all our good players due to PUSHING CONTRACTS DOWN THE ROAD TRYING TO "WIN NOW" and signing a lot of free agents.. that made us SUCK for a period of time and we didn't get a ring out of it.. again, if they wanted to pay all that money to a WR, they could've kept Corey.. if Jon wanted to restructure contracts, you could have by now.. he doesn't need players permission to restructure their contracts, despite what some would have you believe.. he doesn't have to "ask", he could just do it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't even worry when we sign a player in FA. I don't care about the money. It's not my money and people are paid a lot of money just to work the cap. That is their only job. 

If they find a way to put Julio on this team for the 2021-22 season, that is all I'm concerned with. As a fan, it's not my job to worry what is going to happen with a contract 4 years down the line.  
It's good discussion, but NOPE, not gonna let it stop me from wanting to add a good player. 

you say that now, but if it turns out bad, then don't be the first one to complain out the talent on the roster or lack thereof due to contracts not working out. all the "fans" want Julio but all the football people in the media who actually know what's going on CONTINUE to say that the titans aren't interested in Julio, shouldn't be interested in Julio, they lay out plausible reasons why, and fans just still ignore it. But people didn't listen to experts and scientist when they told them about covid yet wanted to lean on what they wanted to believe, so I aint surprised that that's happening here also.

18 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I ask this genuinely. Who are the budding young stars on this roster that we won’t be able to resign? Because I only see one, maybe two on the roster (AJ, Simmons) and neither of them would see cap hit increases until Julio is either eligible to be cut with no dead cap or extended to drop the cap hit. It’s a veteran-laden roster filled with players that are either signed long-term or still have multiple years on their rookie deals.

Pretty much all of us know how unlikely a move for Julio is, the crazy worry about the cap is just silly though.

ok.. let me explain this to you..  Julio is gonna get 15 mill this year and 11.5 the next two years. if we bring him on , those years of 11.5 that we would not previously have had will cost us going into FA next year, either Evans, Landry, Brown, etc. the NEXT year(2022) he's due another 11.5 as a 34 year old. that's when Simmons, Davis, Hooker, etc will need new contracts. That 11.5 being paid to a 34 year old WR could cause us to not be able to sign one or more of those guys, Just like signing Clowney last year for 14 million cost us Jonnu and likely CD this past FA cause if we had just rolled that 14 million over to this past years FA, we couldve kept one for sure and likely both. so is it worth it to potentially lose young budding stars on your roster to pay Julio that money at that age? again, if you wanted to pay your number 2 WR a 3 year 38 million dollar contract, which is what Julio's contract essentially will be, you couldve just given Corey the 3 year 37 million deal he got from the Jets. but they didn't CAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO PAY THAT MONEY TO THEIR NUMBER2 WR CAUSE THEY ARE ABOUT TO PAY THE NUMBER ONE 20 MILLION THIS TIME NEXT YEAR. 

to put in context how much 11.5 is worth, go look at how much the first year cap hits are for Dupree ( I think 5 million) Autry( I think 3) Jayon( somewhere around 5) that's 13 million used to sign 3 players. would you rather pay 34 year old Julio 11.5 or keep Davis, Simmons, and Hooker? 

Edited by Airness McNairness
  • Like 1

Im just saying this is our window man. Colts are shaky with wentz. Texans have a huge mess on their hands and the jags have a rookie HC and QB and its gonna take a min for all that to work out. WE got the south. 

Bills we match up well. Same with the Ravens. Browns are tough but far from unbeatable lmao. NE and Pitt always seem to be a threat and a sleeper for me is MIA and Chargers. The Phins might be really good this year but still ALL beatable 

KC... Thats it. And we can do it. We have the king we have AJ. Lewan coming back is so huge. He wasnt allowed around the team last year and that hurt more then we think. Roger and Ben are playing well and NATE freaking Davis impressed me and now we got a rookie RT who seems to want to PLAY FOOTBALL so we're good. Also Evans should have a bigger role this year And TANNY is about this life. SOOO

I truly think Jones puts us WAY over the top on offense and our defense cant be much worse so if its SLIGHTLY better this is our chance. So I say GO GET HIM 

Now if it doesnt happen.. Josh is a nice #2. He will look good when AJ is getting doubled and they stacking the box for the king so Im not really worried. only thing Im mad about is playing the Cards and the seahawks to start the season  LOL

Sorry for my rant. Just my thoughts before I go back into playoff hockey/basketball mode LUL

• Like 1

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

The amount of disrespect I see on the internet and Twitter for Tannehill is laughable. 

Lamar, Dak, Ryan, and Baker ahead of Tannehill? Haha.

What do people watch. 

I hope he turns it up a notch this year throwing the rock in big games. That’s my only gripe with him, just showing elite ability in big moments.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:05 AM, Airness McNairness said:

lol, how old are you guys? It like you don't remember the salary cap purge in the early 2000's when we had to cut literally all our good players due to PUSHING CONTRACTS DOWN THE ROAD TRYING TO "WIN NOW" and signing a lot of free agents.. that made us SUCK for a period of time and we didn't get a ring out of it.. again, if they wanted to pay all that money to a WR, they could've kept Corey.. if Jon wanted to restructure contracts, you could have by now.. he doesn't need players permission to restructure their contracts, despite what some would have you believe.. he doesn't have to "ask", he could just do it. 

Ummm.... The player absolutely does have to agree to restructure their contract. All teams can do without the players consent is terminate the contract.

16 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Ummm.... The player absolutely does have to agree to restructure their contract. All teams can do without the players consent is terminate the contract.

what are you basing this off of? what you think or what you know? cuz i can tell you for sure, thats what i know.. he doesnt have to get permission to restructure their contracts. they're not taking any less money. just moving base salary to a signing bonus. they get the same money, just more up front now instead of during the season.. he can just call guys up and say "hey, we're doing this with your contract" Now, most teams work with players and dont do it blindly like that, but they dont HAVE to, most do however out of respect.

"

Edited by Airness McNairness