PG Lonzo Ball

C Jaxson Hayes

SG JJ Redick 

Pelicans 2021 First Round Pick

Wizards Original 2021 2nd Round Pick

Pelicans 2025 First Round Pick 

Pelicans Receive

SG Bradley Beal

Beal gives the Pelicans the floor spacing and elite veteran scorer they need.  Wizards get a lottery talent in Kira Lewis to groom behind Westbrook, and much needed Center in Jaxson Hayes after Bryant got injured, and draft considerations.  Lonzo and JJ basically have to be included to make salaries work.  Lonzo's contract is expiring and could be flipped again by Wizards for another pick.  JJ could be cut or maybe flipped for something as well.  The Wizards also pick up a far in the future Pelicans pick in case the Pelicans roster falls apart and they're in the lottery again.  

I'd need more for Beal, dude is one of the truly elite scorers in the league. Lewis has hardly played and has struggled in limited minutes so he doesn't have a ton of trade value. Hayes has also struggled and is looking like a bust tbh, the Pelicans wouldn't have made the move for Adams if they had faith in Hayes going forward. Lonzo is a solid role player but I don't like his fit with Westbrook, plus he's a free agent after this season and not a guy I would consider a building block type piece. And as much as I love Redick he does nothing for the Wizards this year, is nearing the end of his career, and is also a free agent after this season. 

Beal is one of only two players (along with Lillard) in the league that has averaged 30+ ppg and not won an MVP award. He's averaging 35 this year on 49% FG | 39% 3FG | 89% FT and is proving to be one of the truly elite scorers in the league as he's entering his prime at 27. 

whenever i am discussing trade offers for a star i think the goal for the team trading the star is to get at least one young, blue chip type prospect or a super high pick. not really getting that here if I'm Washington. not the worst offer trade value wise, but i wouldn't love it as a wiz fan

If the Pelicans can do any trade for Beal without including Ingram or Zion? You don't think twice about it. Do it ASAP! 

But I mean the Wizards should just hold on to Beal for the season and then trade him to the Warriors for the TWolves first rounder that is hopefully the 4th pick! 

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Horrible return for the Wizards, imho.

Personally, if I was the Wizards I would be looking for something more like:

Nets Receive:

-Bradley Beal

Wizards Receive:

-Caris LeVert
-Spencer Dinwiddie

-2021 1st Rd Pick
-2023 1st Rd Pick
-2025 1st Rd Pick

can't imagine this would be a go with spencer blowing out his knee. pretty sure he's blown out his knee (idk which one) a couple times now 

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

can't imagine this would be a go with spencer blowing out his knee. pretty sure he's blown out his knee (idk which one) a couple times now 

True, I did forget about this ACL tear in college. Granted this most recent one is a partial tear, and I'm not sure if it's on the same knee, so may be a non-issue - assuming he checks out medically. But truth be told, LeVert is the prize in that trade, Dinwiddie is more insurance if the Westbrook experiment doesn't work out.

23 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I would imagine the Wizards definitely say no. Beal is a top 15-20 player smack dab in the middle of his prime. That's not a good enough return.

One of only two guys in the league to average 30+ ppg in a season and not be named MVP. And he's leading the league in scoring this year at like 35 ppg, I'd need a big haul to let him go.