TNF: Eagles @ Panthers

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think he dropped down and went as easy as possible while giving up.  Shouldn't have been called.

Philosophically, I agree with you.  It shouldn't be a penalty.  The game moves fast.

But when basically every other QB gets that call, and then Cam doesn't, and does not get similar calls in the pocket constantly, it raises Panthers' fans ire. He doesn't get the same treatment.  The calls should be made consistently.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think he dropped down and went as easy as possible while giving up.  Shouldn't have been called.

I don't think he was giving up, the defender. I think he was looking to get his licks in on Newton, which is basically what Romo was saying. It wasn't that hard of a play, and it didn't end up helmet to helmet. But by the letter of the rule, it's a flag. They'd typically call it.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, the only reason the Panthers are somewhat in this game is the refs, so they might as well utilize the refs.

Yea, the referees have been applying pressure to Wentz all game.

Come on.  You really think those 4 "missed calls" (according to you guys) is the reason why the Panthers, a 4-1 team, are in the game still as opposed to them... just being a good team?

Archived