2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

I like Tampa Bay's offseason.     

Best Moves:  David Andrews, Feiler,  Hendrickson

Puzzling Moves:   Aaron Jones,  Moving Wirfs to LT,  John Johnson.    

I like Aaron Jones and John Johnson and they'd be great for Tampa Bay.   I just didn't see the need to spend that amount of $$ compared to what was already on the roster.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I like Aaron Jones and John Johnson and they'd be great for Tampa Bay.   I just didn't see the need to spend that amount of $$ compared to what was already on the roster.

I knew I would get some negative comments on Aaron Jones but I don’t think Ronald Jones is good enough as a number 1.

12 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I think the offense has been maintained nicely, however the defense took a hit with the headliners being Suh and Lavonte David leaving. Hendrickson was a great get by TB from division rival Saints no less, outbidding several competitive offers by aggressive teams like my Patriots this off-season. Denzel Perryman and Tyler Lancaster are decent UFA additions at relatively solid value as well for TB. The recent lost bids for Morgan Fox and Jonathan Hankins hurt though and appeared to be key targets to replenish the defensive line. Overall, I agree it is a very good off-season job. I think the Buccaneers will be better offensively and worse defensively with the main weakness of the team being the number of starters with a history of games missed due to injuries. TB remains a favorite to make a run in the NFC.

17 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think the offense has been maintained nicely, however the defense took a hit with the headliners being Suh and Lavonte David leaving. Hendrickson was a great get by TB from division rival Saints no less, outbidding several competitive offers by aggressive teams like my Patriots this off-season. Denzel Perryman and Tyler Lancaster are decent UFA additions at relatively solid value as well for TB. The recent lost bids for Morgan Fox and Jonathan Hankins hurt though and appeared to be key targets to replenish the defensive line. Overall, I agree it is a very good off-season job. I think the Buccaneers will be better offensively and worse defensively with the main weakness of the team being the number of starters with a history of games missed due to injuries. TB remains a favorite to make a run in the NFC.

Yes both Fox and Hankins would have been good back ups especially Hankins as I could have moved Big V around a bit.

It's not the draft but if you get bored, there is some good reading in the GM interviews.  

Interview Form

Interview Results

Arizona Cardinals
Timestamp
2/20/2021 16:44:48
Team Name
Arizona Cardinals
General Manager
LuckyNumber11
TCMD - Rookie or Veteran?
Veteran
Can we count of you to join next season?
Yes
What were your offseason goals prior to the start of this mock?
Just to make my team better all around
Are you on track to complete with your offseason game plan? If not, where did things go wrong?
I'll be honest, I think I've been pretty **** this go around, my defense is better but I've spent too much money to get there. It's just been an awkward offseason. I've got a few moves still up my sleeve.
Which early team transaction put your game plan into motion?
Casey Hayward trade opened me up to an interesting offseason
After fa rounds one and two or any early trade that forced you to alter your original game plan? If so, please explain.
I'll be honest, I wish I would've gone harder after Corey Linsley, also wish I'd have just waited on pass rusher. The Leonard Floyd pick up is a good one, but I think I could've gotten someone similar for cheaper if I had been more patient
If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation
Which transaction did your team make that you were most excited about?
Right now I love the Alualu pick up. He just fits so perfect on my defense
Has there been a transaction that you've made that you could see the real franchise following through with?
I could see the Cardinals doing the Alualu pick up as well. It just makes a ton of sense
Player in UFA that you didn't make an offer on, thinking he would slip to the next round, only to see them signed by another team?
Dennis Gardeck
Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at rock bottom prices. In your opinion, what was the best value fa signing?
Of mine? My kickers have lost me many games over the years, Cairo Santos won't
Suggestions on what we could do to get more traffic into the discussion thread?
Personally I don't mind the lack of discussion. I'm not one to throw my opinion out too much on other GMs. However, just posing questions about what people thing tbout x signing or x moves will help
What TV series are you currently watching?
Rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm
What team do you think has had the worst offseason to date? Whether caused from overspending or undervaluing the open market, poor trading or adding players that don't fit the scheme.
I mean it's just tough to miss on as many free agents as the Jets have. They haven't had a bad offseason but for a team that needs help that's rough.
Which trade thus far had you scratching your head, because the value was so one sided or the player didn't seem to fit the scheme?
I'd have to take a harder look at the trades honestly. I'm not sure if I've seen one of those, oops trades yet
Are you using the depth chart sheet in the private team roster workbook? If so, what could we do to improve it?
No but that's out of laziness
Which is it?....Black Silk, Blonde, Brunette or the cherished Redhead
Brunette
What were some of your favorite transactions by other teams? Please explain why.
Lavonte David to the Panthers is just outstanding. One of the best ILBs in the league and they stole him from a division rival. Big signing
Based on the latest transactions, which team do you think has improved the most?
tbd
If you could change one thing about TCMD, what would that one thing be? Please explain your answer.
I would give some kind of benefit to hometown teams. Like maybe give a small APY discount for players you can re-sign
If you were told you have 3 days to live. What are you doing for the next three days?
Drinking a lot, likely take a drive out to the Grand Canyon