Madden 18

bucsfan333

Had a madden fantasy draft with two friends last night for our online league.  These are my starters:

QB - Mahomes

HB - Chris Thompson

TE - OJ Howard

WR - John Ross, Will Fuller

LT - Lane Johnson (switched him from RT)

LG - TJ Lang

C - Matt Paradis

RG - Kevin Zeitler

RT - Ryan Schraeder

LE - Trent Cole

DT - Malik McDowell

DT - Johnathan Hankins

RE - Myles Garrett

LOLB - Myles Jack

MLB - CJ Mosley

ROLB - Tamba Hali

CB - Patrick Peterson, Ronald Darby

FS - Malik Hooker

SS - Karl Joseph

Peterson was my first round pick, followed by Garrett.  I went defense early quite often, I did take Mahomes in the 5th round.  I started building my Oline (which ended up quite good) in Round 10+.  

My strategies (consider myself an elite player)

Arizona Offensive Playbook

Cincinnati Defensive Playbook

Offense:

Gun Ace Twins---Posts

(Optionally hot route your left TE on a drag and flood the backside with a flood/corner concept)

*Cover 2: Throw the post route!

*Cover 3: Read the flood of TE flat/#2 WR Corner

*Cover 4: Same as Cover 3

*Man: (You can tell by the CB alignment if it's man) Audible to PA Vertical play and hot route #1 TE on a slant route. Throw to either TE.

Defense: (pretty bleh against the run or double TE stuff)

Nickel 2-4-5 (Any play) *Mid-Blitz, Cover 2, and Buck Blitz 3 are my favorites, but it all works*

Presnap just make sure your front 6 (2 ILB's) are all blitzing. Slightly engage either of the MLB's in the blitz...just a split second engagement with the OL...and then peel him out and cover underneath routes. Watch your LDE scream in untouched every play. *Make sure you put your fastest front 7 guy at LDE.

My pass offense and pass defense are incredible, but I haven't found a sure-fire run defense yet. Plus I suck at running the ball other than the occasional Zone/HB Trap out of Gun Ace Twins.

I bought it used within about an hour of Aaron Rodgers broken collarbone being confirmed.  I have to say that this is the best year in a while from a franchise standpoint.  Simulated statistics are somewhat realistic, and it's possible to struggle and excel on offense and defense.  Matchups seem to matter a little bit, and your defensive players actually do what they're supposed to.  It's still lacking a LOT of things that it shouldn't lack, and it still has a LOT of areas that could be improved on, but it seems like, at the very least, EA removed all of the game wrecking crap from the past 3-4 years. 

Archived