Rockets trade James Harden to Nets

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

dang, that is a nice draft haul. I highly doubt a nets dynasty lasts the next 7 years. This could very easily lead to some top 10 picks in the last 2 or 3 years of the deal. Maybe the rockets can go full Celtics and reload enough to stay a playoff team while building as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Have no idea what the Nets do about their big situation. DJ clearly is not the same DPOTY candidate and rebounder he once was but can still give you 25 mins a night. 

They'll probably go small ball with Jeff Green manning the 5. DAJ backs him up and Nic Claxton gets the wash up minutes.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I don't really see how this was bad for Houston.  They had a guy who essentially quit on the team and was toxic in the locker room. They pretty much had to trade him, so they ended up with Oladipo, Exum, four first round picks, and four first round pick swaps.  I get that it's James Harden, but they were limited in teams to trade him to.  Hopefully they can hit on some of those first rounders.

Wall, Oladipo, Tucker, Wood, Cousins, Gordon, House, etc is a solid team.

I will say even though the indication is this is a full on tank job given the expirings, getting rid of Harden does help re-shape the locker room chemistry. Additionally, even though Exum is a bit swept under the rug in this trade, the Rockets had virtually no point guards on their second unit, so he should be able to see the floor in Houston. And assuming they give him burn, Kurucs should be able to provide some size and spacing off of the second unit.

Wall/Exum
Oladipo/Gordon
House/Tate
Tucker/Kurucs
Wood/Cousins

Is it a roster good enough to make the playoffs in the west w/o a full training camp together? Probably not, but it's also not that bad comparatively speaking.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I will say even though the indication is this is a full on tank job given the expirings, getting rid of Harden does help re-shape the locker room chemistry. Additionally, even though Exum is a bit swept under the rug in this trade, the Rockets had virtually no point guards on their second unit, so he should be able to see the floor in Houston. And assuming they give him burn, Kurucs should be able to provide some size and spacing off of the second unit.

Wall/Exum
Oladipo/Gordon
House/Tate
Tucker/Kurucs
Wood/Cousins

Is it a roster good enough to make the playoffs in the west w/o a full training camp together? Probably not, but it's also not that bad comparatively speaking.

if Gordon/House/Tucker are on the team at the end of this year, i will shake your hand