Future QB Discussion

G08

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is where we are, huh?

Trubisky: KILL HIM

Darnold: hey I'd give him a shot

Trubisky is done. We know what he is and there is no point in him taking another snap.

We are desperate for a QB and need someone not named Foles or Trubisky. If it is a true flyer at a reduced rate then we need to explore it.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Trubisky is done. We know what he is and there is no point in him taking another snap.

I agree, I just find the logic difficult to digest. Most Bears fans hate that kid, but are willing to take a flier on a QB who hasn't done **** in this league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I agree, I just find the logic difficult to digest. Most Bears fans hate that kid, but are willing to take a flier on a QB who hasn't done **** in this league.

That is where we are at. 

We need to try something new and see if we can steal some value from somewhere. I just do not want to mortgage ourselves on a hail mary.

• Like 1

If presented with the two of them as a binary choice, would you rather:

-Pay Trubisky like a fringe starter

-Give up a 3rd round pick next year to see if there's anything there?

Again, our options suck and I don't even like Darnold, but it's a deep deep hole the Bears are in, and they have to try _soemthing_

I still wouldn't be shocked if Trubisky did better on a different team some day

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

If presented with the two of them as a binary choice, would you rather:

-Pay Trubisky like a fringe starter

-Give up a 3rd round pick next year to see if there's anything there?

Again, our options suck and I don't even like Darnold, but it's a deep deep hole the Bears are in, and they have to try _soemthing_

I still wouldn't be shocked if Trubisky did better on a different team some day

Trubisky is done with the Bears and the Bears are done with him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is where we are, huh?

Trubisky: KILL HIM

Darnold: hey I'd give him a shot

The really weird part of this is, Trubisky is probably cheaper AND better.  You're not trading for Darnold and not picking up the 5th year option, which is $25M fully guaranteed.  You can probably resign Tru for 2 years for less overall and guaranteed money.  But I dont think Tru wants to be here anymore.  Why would he?  The coaching staff has repeatedly shown an inability to work to his strengths and the willingness to throw him under the bus for it.  I dont want the Bears to trade for Darnold under any circumstances, but I guess I could stomach a  future conditional 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The really weird part of this is, Trubisky is probably cheaper AND better.  You're not trading for Darnold and not picking up the 5th year option, which is $25M fully guaranteed.  You can probably resign Tru for 2 years for less overall and guaranteed money.  But I dont think Tru wants to be here anymore.  Why would he?  The coaching staff has repeatedly shown an inability to work to his strengths and the willingness to throw him under the bus for it.  I dont want the Bears to trade for Darnold under any circumstances, but I guess I could stomach a  future conditional 3rd.

David Kaplan reports that his sources tell him Trubisky wants nothing to do with the Bears, and Nagy wants nothing to do with Trubisky.

Watch him go to Atlanta and play good football.

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Are we all going to pretend we wouldnt be ecstatic if the Bears signed JJ Watt?

First off, good point about pickign up year 5, hadn't thought about that.

I would actually like Watt here, but was more commenting on how funny it would be if it went down like that; all of us thinking QB, Bears sign a DE

The whole Wentz thing is funny to me.

Philly internally: This guy is a worthless, uncoachable, diva bum.  Play the 2nd round kid who can't throw at least he does what he is told and gives us half a chance to win a frickin game in this pitiful division.  This kid sucks, but he is still better than Wentz.  How are we going to get out of this stinking contract?

Philly to Bears and Colts:  Look, this guy was MVP a few short years ago and looked pretty good as a rookie.  We want 2 first rounders and some cash for taking Foles off your hands.  Whatta ya say?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Nobody's picking up Darnold's 5th year option. They'll trade for him and let him prove it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No one if picking up that option.

If he plays well you tag him and it costs you an additional 4 million.

We are at the point where we are just trying to find some value and maybe a little upside.