Future QB Discussion

G08

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

After having watched Nagy I believe his faults lie away from chalk board.

He can diagram a play just fine.  He knows the concepts and reads.

He lacks in achieving execution.  

His Oline doesn’t block fundamentally well and the players literally regress from college technique (Daniels is best example - prior to last season - I think they showed improvement in season this year), his WRs often run poor routes and most have not improved over time (Mooney came in good from day 1 and stayed good - rest have been stagnant or possibly regressed), his young QB did not develop fundamentally until he sought outside help and so on.

Why?  Not because position coaches lack knowledge in fundamentals, but because of way they practice.

They just non-live scrimmage most of the time or run plays and then watch film of themselves scrimmaging and watching plays later in a classroom and talk about it.

You have to work on fundamentals a lot even at pro level.   You have to teach in real time for better effect - you can’t just always wait until later.

That’s all.  

Thats akin to buying a myriad of Kickboxing & BJJ videos but not joining a dojo.  You may know it in theory but all the theory in the world won't help unless its engrained in your muscle memory.

Or going to a Krav Maga school were you drill, drill, and drill but never actually spar.  You can study them for hours on end but until you slip on your gloves and box; and hit the mats and roll you can't really do them.  

Every war plan looks good until you meet the enemy, so you have to actually do your art in order to get good at it or even know if you can do it. By practicing in real time you find out what your strengths and weaknesses are and can refine or shrink them for game day.  Its impossible to find them out until you actually do it.

9f40a2246ff412d7557b3dd223bf6087

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

You know AOL was the internet for awhile like Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are now.

AOL and Netscape browser and then Yahoo.

Here is some 80's nostalgia:

My first computer was a Commodore 64 and my favorite game on it was Dr. J and Larry Bird One on One.   

Girls made me mix tapes recorded from radio on boom boxes or stereo's in high school.  It was a painstaking process. 

Many of my friends owned pagers in HS at one time.

On weekends we often drove around hoping to find some girls hanging out in a fast food parking lot somewhere or run into someone who knew of a party to go to.  Barring that we would get in a fight or something.  There were no cell phones for instant communication.

I used a big neck roll in football in high school and tackled mostly with my face/forehead.  (I predict a joke here).  

For awhile if you didn't do a special tight roll at bottom of your blue jeans you were uncool.

Everybody saw Top Gun and immediately wanted to be a fighter pilot.

Kids talked on corded phones with their voice for hours and hours.   A phone with a conference call button was epitome of high tech cool.

Prior to caller ID coming out, funnest thing you could do in grade school was stay night at a friends and make prank calls.

I was a WR/DB so I didn't wear a neck roll.  I didnt get a pc till I was 13 and it was a Packard Bell 486sx.  I wasnt cool enough to tight roll my Jean's (but my sister did).  I had a pager in HS, but my sophomore year I got my first cellphone with a whopping 100 mins, for like $100.  I made the mix tapes.  The coolest thing really was if you had your own phone line you didnt share w/your parents.  But yeah that pretty much describes my life in the 80s and 90s.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

How...did people take that "completely wrong"? I mean...WTF? What is he even getting at?

Thank the football gods it sounds like he's not part of some lunatic trade for Wentz. If Philadelphia insists on Montgomery being part of the deal--**** that. 

Draft Trask and see what happens. 

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I was a WR/DB so I didn't wear a neck roll.  I didnt get a pc till I was 13 and it was a Packard Bell 486sx.  I wasnt cool enough to tight roll my Jean's (but my sister did).  I had a pager in HS, but my sophomore year I got my first cellphone with a whopping 100 mins, for like $100.  I made the mix tapes.  The coolest thing really was if you had your own phone line you didnt share w/your parents.  But yeah that pretty much describes my life in the 80s and 90s.

R5oH.gif

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I suppose I'm risking ridicule admitting I remember my parents having a party line. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'd be good with it too, honestly. We can address WR/OT with our first two 2021 picks.

I was half thinking this afternoon if Mariota could be had for a mid round pick and then trading for Brown from the Ravens. But that was just a nice dream. I'm still a big fan of Mariota but I don't think Pace would risk his job with that type of acquisition at QB. 

52 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'd be good with it too, honestly. We can address WR/OT with our first two 2021 picks.

I am beginning to wonder if that is the best play for winning this season. Add Carson Wentz

Draft

1. OT Teven Jenkins

2. WR Rondale Moore

3. TE Brevin Jordan or another OT

The offense would have added a ton of talent.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am beginning to wonder if that is the best play for winning this season. Add Carson Wentz

Draft

1. OT Teven Jenkins

2. WR Rondale Moore

3. TE Brevin Jordan or another OT

The offense would have added a ton of talent.

If I was in Pace/Nagy's position, that's what I would do.

15 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You know Pace has never overpaid on a trade.  You can argue he has made bad picks, but not bad trades.  He gave up equal value to move up one spot, he did not overpay.  He gave up 2 1sts and a 3rd but got a 2nd back for a premier player and nobody would argue that was a bad deal.  He got Foles for a 4th, which is nothing if it had worked.  Why people think Pace is automatically going to overpay on a trade is beyond me.

because they don't like him and by saying this it fits their narrative beter

• Like 1